Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default Car dent

so... i have a few questions, if i go to the auto repair shop its gonna cost about 1000 dollars and probably go on insurance or so..but i have a buckle over my right tire fender (rear ending someone) and the bumper is dented... could i use the "Hair dryer / Airduster" technique? And about the buckle...its not terrible, but you can notice it... its on the right fender because the bumper is pushed back a little bit..any help?

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Re: Car dent

The air duster / hair dryer technique will work depending on the location of the dent. If its over the frame anywhere or near a natural crease in the body (you said near the tire fender, I'm wondering if that was made creased over, but I don't know without seeing it.)

I have a rather large dent on my passenger door and I tried air duster and a blow torch. It popped out some, but where there is a crease in the actual design of the truck, I wasn't able to pop it back out all the way.

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

I tried that hair dryer/air duster technique. It doesn't work. Can you remove the inner fender wall and pop it out at all? Your only choice may be too go through insurance and pay the 1000. What kind of car is it? Might be able to replace the fender yourself and fix it up yourself...
Old 06-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

What about those dent removal kits that you stuck on and twist to pull the dent out?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

well ill look for a picture later..but its not really creased, although the fender is creased, and to remove buckles i hear they have to cut out the metal, and replace it... so i have no idea currently... i really hope i can find a rubber mallet somewhere

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Old 06-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
i really hope i can find a rubber mallet somewhere
home depot?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

We talked and I think he is just going to replace his bumper and try to hammer out the ruffles. Although metal waves are tough as hell to fix. Especially on a Tacoma those things are build with lower gauge metal then most vehicles so if a dent is there its probably going to stay unless fixed right. The metal is just to thick to hammer out well.
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

agreed...hey koby you know of anyone who has got a 3-speed standard manual transmission layin around :P for my 53' chevy.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
Golden Master

Put a 4 speed O/D in it. I bet 3rd was 1:1, right? O/D will help with mileage on the highway.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
Put a 4 speed O/D in it. I bet 3rd was 1:1, right? O/D will help with mileage on the highway.
ill have to replace all the gears and the mainshaft though. Looking to do a project with me and my dad sometime this summer after i graduate, but only a week long project.

were also going to have to pull the gas tank because its been sitting for so long and the varnish probably has built up quite a bit... probably need to replace fuel lines too.