Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Car crash.....

I've never witnessed one, but i've been involved in two now, both of which were minor. The first time I was with my dad, we were slowing down as we approached an intersection, it was a red light. We hit a slab of thick black ice on the road, lost control, couldn't slow down, couldn't stop, rear ended a car in front of us. Fortunatly, even though we were in a truck, we were moving slow enough that the back of the car was just bent in a bit, so nobody got hurt.

The second time, I was at my school parking lot, waiting on traffic in front of me to clear up so I could go down the ramp, and some big minivan rear ends me out of no where.. again, moving slow, and since I was partially on the ramp, the back end of my car was pointing upwards, and his bumper hit mine - no damage to the trunk. We were able to replace the bumper for about $180, out of his insurance comany's pocket, of coarse.. I didn't get burned at all, wewt.

Still scared me a bit though..

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #12
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner
I've never witnessed one, but i've been involved in two now, both of which were minor. The first time I was with my dad, we were slowing down as we approached an intersection, it was a red light. We hit a slab of thick black ice on the road, lost control, couldn't slow down, couldn't stop, rear ended a car in front of us. Fortunatly, even though we were in a truck, we were moving slow enough that the back of the car was just bent in a bit, so nobody got hurt.

The second time, I was at my school parking lot, waiting on traffic in front of me to clear up so I could go down the ramp, and some big minivan rear ends me out of no where.. again, moving slow, and since I was partially on the ramp, the back end of my car was pointing upwards, and his bumper hit mine - no damage to the trunk. We were able to replace the bumper for about $180, out of his insurance comany's pocket, of coarse.. I didn't get burned at all, wewt.

Still scared me a bit though..
Wow, you were lucky in those two occourences then.

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Damn, hope the guy goes down!
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

I've never been in an accident but everyone else in my family has. I hope I never am.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

I was in a crash, but it was only a little bump..got compo for it..so I was happy..

joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote