car audio, right section?

badninja3

Daemon Poster
sorry, im not really sure what section this should go it. its not really computer related, so i put it here, in the social lounge, where subject matter has no requirements.

anyway, heres my couple questions.

for loudness/spl, what is better:
- alpine typeR's or
- alpine typeS's?

and would the alpine m650 be a good amp to use that with 2 of either of those subs? (i found some of those amps for $200, which is about 100 under msrp. so i might get those.)

anyway, thanks for helping.

badninja3 said:
sorry, im not really sure what section this should go it. its not really computer related, so i put it here, in the social lounge.
Yes, it's OK here.

As for which sub it better, typeR seems to be the better/louder one...No expert, but I know my stuff I suppose, the typeR can handle more watts 500/1500 as for the other I think its only 300..So the typeR is louder..Now you said would that amp be good, Im not so sure, because the amp is only pushing 600watts, and if you have 2 of the subs, then you will need atleast 1000+ watts..500watts+500watts=1000..So you might need more.Let the other rain in ebfore u do anything.

sorry, im not really sure what section this should go it. its not really computer related, so i put it here, in the social lounge, where subject matter has no requirements.

anyway, heres my couple questions.

for loudness/spl, what is better:
- alpine typeR's or
- alpine typeS's?

and would the alpine m650 be a good amp to use that with 2 of either of those subs? (i found some of those amps for $200, which is about 100 under msrp. so i might get those.)

anyway, thanks for helping.

well for the Alpine type R sub, that would be the choce to go, but in the specifications....it doesn't say if that sub is stable into 2 ohms. if it is, then you'll get the most out of it, with little effort from the amp. i would go with the better sub for the fact of upgrading the amp.

As for the amp you picked there, that's a good amp there, running in mono mode 1 channel 600x1 watts stable into 2 ohms.

that should be plenty of power to power the sub, and it should sound nice..so what kind of an encloser are you going with for the sub.. sealed or ported ?

the type r appears to be a 2 ohm dual voice coil. this means that you can run 1 of these on 2 channels at 2 ohms, but if your going to wire both coils to the same channel you would be stuck with 4 ohm or 1 ohm depending on if you use series or parallel wiring respectivly. if your going spl your gonna want the type r. the amp appears to be stable only to 2 ohms so your either going to have to find the type r with dual 2 ohm voice coils or go with 2 subs. they do make a version of the type r with dual 4 ohm voice coils that you could easily put into parallel wiring and wire up to that amp at 2 ohms and be perfectly stable and not worry bout toasting the amp. 2 subs would get you to 2 ohms by wiring each sub in parallel to give you 1 ohm and then wiring them in series to get back to 2 ohms, this would give you nominal impedence with 2 subs using the 2 ohm voice coil. either way you go if you choose that amp, it will choose what impedence your speakers need to be. hopefully this helps, if you need anymore help just ask, i used to be an installer and such.

I hear the Alpine TypeR's Are louder, i dont know, ive only heard about car stuff from arrix though lol. But from my uncle, he says TypeR's are louder.

The Type R is the golden subwoofer.

It can get loud off little power, and you can jack power into it with a ported box and it will shake your car apart.

If you have the $$$ Type R's or a JL W1, 2 or 3 would be also a great choice.

Id never buy a sub from any other company. Unless its Focal ;)

Spec said:
I hear the Alpine TypeR's Are louder, i dont know, ive only heard about car stuff from arrix though lol. But from my uncle, he says TypeR's are louder.

GET BACK IN SCHOOL!!! :p

yeah, im planning on getting two of whichever sub is more worth it, which at the moment, seems to be the typeR's.

anyway, two type r's would need a bigger amp. one with 1000rms x 1. so it would get 500 rms per sub, correct? well, i can always get an amp with less than that, incase i cant get the money together.

but im planning on getting ported boxes, only because i hear they are better for spl. (whats spl stand for anyway? google, here i come!). it sucks tho, cuz sealed boxes are usually alot cheaper.

oh, and as for the impedience/ohm-rating thing.. what impedience levels can i get with 2 (2ohm) subs? wired either in parellel or series.

i think i remember that 2 4ohm subs can be wired to use 1ohm.

Back
Top Bottom