Capital Punishment failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giancarlo said:
I think it is more cruel and unusual to keep someone locked up in a cell for murder, then it is to have them executed.

How is putting a criminal in prison unusual? I would say telling somebody when they will die, then strapping them to a metallic chair, with all these people watching as though it was a movie, is cruel and unusual.

Actually I think that giving someone like a mass murderer the quick option, a small prick in the arm is the soft way. Locking someone up and throwing away the key, so they can live out their years stewing in regret and die an unhappy life is real justice.

I don't think even locking someone in a cell is adequate punishment for what they did. I think the death penalty is a fair and just form of punishment to put mass murderers and first degree murderers for that matter out of their misery. The death penalty is not for softies.. letting someone live in a resort of a prison is the softie liberal way. :rolleyes: thank goodness 75% of americans are for the death penalty.

Thats why you dont make the prison envirnoment a luxurious one. As far as I know only minimum security prisons are like country clubs, they dont put murderers and rapists in minimum security prisons.

Compared to where these people have been living it is often a country club.. and they offer numerous services. I've watched plenty of documentaries on that. It also costs more to keep someone in a cell for their whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom