Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #11
xxcobraxx
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England
Posts: 6,224
Default Re: cant decide

xbox is being beatin in here, but their right ps3 will kick ass
__________________

__________________
Liveleaker
IAntDemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
Daemon Poster
 
Ahyoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default Re: cant decide

I have a 360. I really like it, but like all systems it has a set of games that kick ass and some that...just don't. It's all a matter of which brand do YOU like and what kind of games do YOU like to play. As others have said as of now the 360 has the larger library, alot of which are pretty good games (Bioshock, Halo 3, Gears of War, Call of Duty 2-4, Rainbow Six Vegas even Viva Pinata just to name a few) but it also has a few warts...namely system failures. But if you have a little patience then they can be worked out at no cost to you.

I've only played a little PS3 on the display unit in the store but the Motorcross game or whichever is alot of fun, but as others have said with Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid and other great titles coming up the PS3 will defiantly start to be more competition against Micro$oft and level the playing field some. Not to mention the blu ray feature, that in itself would be a big selling point again' the 360.

Again, it's all a matter of personal choice
__________________

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #13
Fully Optimized
 
esa193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to esa193
Default Re: cant decide

since the 360 has a higher install rate then the ps3 in the world
most big games that will be on both consoles are designed from the ground up for the 360 and then ported to the ps3
a main reason why the 360 usually has a better game performance (fps)
and the main reason a ps3 need 50G of space is because blue ray read speeds are so slow that if you have any thing compressed that = long loading times
__________________
antec 900, q6600, 4G, 500G, 160G, 9800gtx, 780i, 47in 1080ptv, 5.1 surround sound

MacArthur wrestling pwns!
esa193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
DefCon_!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,733
Send a message via AIM to DefCon_!1! Send a message via MSN to DefCon_!1!
Default Re: cant decide

im thinkin the 360, just for there choice of games as of now, and mabey even throw in a cheap 19 inch hdtv in there, since i can get 10 percent off everything at radioshack through a friend
__________________
Gigabyte Z68X-UD4
i5 2500k 4.5ghz with H100 Cooling
2x 560ti @ 950mhz
DefCon_!1! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #15
Golden Master
 
Cabbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,912
Send a message via AIM to Cabbs
Default Re: cant decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by esa193 View Post
since the 360 has a higher install rate then the ps3 in the world
most big games that will be on both consoles are designed from the ground up for the 360 and then ported to the ps3
a main reason why the 360 usually has a better game performance (fps)
and the main reason a ps3 need 50G of space is because blue ray read speeds are so slow that if you have any thing compressed that = long loading times
We will hit a point where we will need more space than a DVD can hold.
__________________
=Like anime? Come to AnimeAppeal.com!=
||DFI UT P35||Q9550@3400 Mhz||Geil 4GB RAM||Radeon 5770||
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
esa193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to esa193
Default Re: cant decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbspapp View Post
We will hit a point where we will need more space than a DVD can hold.
ya and because of the slow blueray read speeds will need 3 times as much space
theres no reason this current generation should need more then 9G of space
not that im denying blueray is better but its not needed till next generation imo when faster drive will be out
__________________
antec 900, q6600, 4G, 500G, 160G, 9800gtx, 780i, 47in 1080ptv, 5.1 surround sound

MacArthur wrestling pwns!
esa193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,534
Default Re: cant decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by esa193 View Post
since the 360 has a higher install rate then the ps3 in the world
most big games that will be on both consoles are designed from the ground up for the 360 and then ported to the ps3
a main reason why the 360 usually has a better game performance (fps)
and the main reason a ps3 need 50G of space is because blue ray read speeds are so slow that if you have any thing compressed that = long loading times
Actually, you're wrong. Burnout Paradise, Grand Theft Auto IV anyone? The XBOX 360 doesn't "usually have a better game performance" either. The PS3 is more powerful and blu-ray isn't that slow. Some of the PS3 games have hard drive installs which enables faster loading than DVD or blu-ray and Microsoft can't really do that with the XBOX 360 because they'd be alienating the people who bought arcade/core systems.

All that stuff about needing more space / less compression because of blu-ray is pure bull----.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #18
Golden Master
 
Cabbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,912
Send a message via AIM to Cabbs
Default Re: cant decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by esa193 View Post
ya and because of the slow blueray read speeds will need 3 times as much space
theres no reason this current generation should need more then 9G of space
not that im denying blueray is better but its not needed till next generation imo when faster drive will be out
Three times as much space for what?

If drive speeds really get to be an issue, then games can be made to install to the HDD. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue already does it. And with the PS3 taking standard hard drives, a 500 GB can be had for under $100. Microsoft wants $180 for their hard drive, and it only holds 120 GB.
__________________
=Like anime? Come to AnimeAppeal.com!=
||DFI UT P35||Q9550@3400 Mhz||Geil 4GB RAM||Radeon 5770||
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
esa193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to esa193
Default Re: cant decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NeonFire372~ View Post
Actually, you're wrong. Burnout Paradise, Grand Theft Auto IV anyone? The XBOX 360 doesn't "usually have a better game performance" either. The PS3 is more powerful and blu-ray isn't that slow. Some of the PS3 games have hard drive installs which enables faster loading than DVD or blu-ray and Microsoft can't really do that with the XBOX 360 because they'd be alienating the people who bought arcade/core systems.

All that stuff about needing more space / less compression because of blu-ray is pure bull----.
want a bet? most ps3/360 games the 360 gets 60fps
and the blueray drives are very slow because of the amount of data on the disk
and the ps3 although a little bit more powerfull then a 360
hasnt seen graphics better then it because the cell cpu is very hard to code
also hard drive installs for a console is ridiculous
with the amount of cpu power in these consoles loading times shouldn't be an issue
__________________
antec 900, q6600, 4G, 500G, 160G, 9800gtx, 780i, 47in 1080ptv, 5.1 surround sound

MacArthur wrestling pwns!
esa193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #20
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: cant decide

Yeah, almost all PS3 ports from 360 are worse then the 360 version.
Eventually the PS3 may take over though...
__________________

__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0