Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Question Can't access page numbers

Suddenly I can't access the r/h side of of forum pages, so I'm unable to go to another page, I haven't made any alterations my end, & the page width is different, only when I'm on CF forums, strange, I've tried moving it over, it moves only a fraction, anybody got any ideas?

Maurice
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
Mental Liberator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,035
Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator
Default Re: Can't access page numbers

Can you show us a screenshot of it? It would help.
__________________

__________________
www.treasuretrooper.com/72560
Check it out, legit cash just from surveys.
Mental Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
 
Kalgatha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,102
Send a message via AIM to Kalgatha Send a message via Yahoo to Kalgatha
Default

....alot
Kalgatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #4
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Can't access page numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Liberator
Can you show us a screenshot of it? It would help.
No, I can't do that, I dont know how, anyway,if you don't mind me saying, how would that help?, you'd just be seeing what I see, an apparently perfectly normal page, thanks for trying.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
Mental Liberator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,035
Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator
Default Re: Can't access page numbers

I don't clearly understand what you're looking at. So it's just a page and the right-hand side is just... un accessable and can't scroll horizontally?

And to get a screen shot, you press prtscn, or insert, it's on top of the Home button on most keyboards, then you paste it into paint or whatever program you want, then save it as a JPEG, then upload it onto a site such as www.Photobucket.com and then paste the [IMG] code onto here.
__________________
www.treasuretrooper.com/72560
Check it out, legit cash just from surveys.
Mental Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #6
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Can't access page numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Liberator
I don't clearly understand what you're looking at. So it's just a page and the right-hand side is just... un accessable and can't scroll horizontally?

And to get a screen shot, you press prtscn, or insert, it's on top of the Home button on most keyboards, then you paste it into paint or whatever program you want, then save it as a JPEG, then upload it onto a site such as www.Photobucket.com and then paste the [IMG] code onto here.
Exactly right, but you say horizontal scrolling, it can hardly be called scrolling, can it?, the movement is only a few mm, unless you know different.
As to Photobucket etc, I can't be doing with all that, I can cut & paste, & that's about it, I started with computers at age 72, after my wife passed away, for something to do, & I'm lovingit, & I've learnt a lot of things, but there is a limit.

Maurice.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
Mental Liberator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,035
Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator
Default Re: Can't access page numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice
Exactly right, but you say horizontal scrolling, it can hardly be called scrolling, can it?, the movement is only a few mm, unless you know different.
As to Photobucket etc, I can't be doing with all that, I can cut & paste, & that's about it, I started with computers at age 72, after my wife passed away, for something to do, & I'm lovingit, & I've learnt a lot of things, but there is a limit.

Maurice.
No problem, but uhm... have you tried a different type of browser?
__________________
www.treasuretrooper.com/72560
Check it out, legit cash just from surveys.
Mental Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #8
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: Can't access page numbers

Is this a specific page? What browser are you doing?
__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:09 AM   #9
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Can't access page numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon
Is this a specific page? What browser are you doing?
It's any forum page on CP, other pages, such as OE, & websites are unaffected, my browser is IE, & I don't want to change it, it's excellent, & has served me well for years.
Of course others can negotiate OK, so that's not it, it happened suddenly, CF pages have always just fitted my screen, but now, they overflow slightly, can I downsize the pages slightly, percentagewise? that would do the trick.

Maurice
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:17 AM   #10
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Can't access page numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Liberator
No problem, but uhm... have you tried a different type of browser?
Please see my reply to David
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0