Cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally have used cannabis quite a few times, and I'm also a believer that in the UK the laws should stay the same. (In the UK, if you're caught with it, aslong as it's a small amount like a 1/4, they see it as personal use, and you get away with it) However I do think that if it was legalised, the situation would get out of hand unless the government found an efficient way to control it.

However, alot of people, like myself, use it to get to sleep. It relaxes you, and as soon as you get in bed you're asleep within seconds. Others, like people with Multiple Sclerosis, use it to relieve the pain. Many doctors have suggested that people with severely torn muscles or bad sprains use it to take away the pain and to make their life far more comfortable until it heals itself. Ofcourse, I admit, I've also used it for other reasons, but as someone already said, that is my choice and it's my life. I don't deal it, and I certainly don't push it on others.

There are other more potent pain medications that are more effective then cannabis. That's why the US federal government and DEA still enforce anti-marijuana laws.

Giancarlo said:
There are other more potent pain medications that are more effective then cannabis.

Completely agree, but as a smoker even I have had my GP suggest it to me when I tore a ligament in my knee just last December.

Because of the level of pain I was in, he feared that putting me on a prescribed heavy muscle relaxant such as a drug based on Opium or Morphine (cheap mans Heroin basically) I may get addicted to them due to the heavy dosage I'd have to take to cure the pain. He would much rather allow me to smoke Cannabis as I already smoke then let me get addicted to something else. Which, in my situation, I completely agreed with. :)

I still don't think it should be legal. People, i'm surprised.. 5 people smoke marijuana here.. surprising.

Anyways, I've been reading reports less and less young people in the United States have been using marijuana and other drugs.

Drugs are stupid. I don't have time in my life for that stupid shit. I'm a very good distance track runner, and I'm not going to let peer pressure ruin it.. Seriously, drugs are for the weak. Those who have nothing to live for. Give me one good reason to do drugs... Accualy, don't, because you can't.

rakedog said:
Drugs are stupid. I don't have time in my life for that stupid shit. I'm a very good distance track runner, and I'm not going to let peer pressure ruin it.. Seriously, drugs are for the weak. Those who have nothing to live for. Give me one good reason to do drugs... Accualy, don't, because you can't.

We agree on something... but what do you think of the two glasses a day of red wine thing?

yeah, my parents usually drink a glass quite often.. as long as it's in small, very reasonable amounts, and as long as you give your body time to accept and remove the alcohol from your blood stream, I don't see anything particularly wrong with it. The problem is, many people don't really follow the limit. That's where problems arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom