Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Cancer :(

I try to see my dad as much as i can also. It's just that the Therapy makes him too sick.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
but i am sure her grandfather lived a good long life
Yes he did. He was a great guy.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

I'm quite sorry to hear that it has hit you personally.. and wish your family and her the best.

If you believe in some type of afterlife, just remember that the end holds something better for us all. If not, take life day by day..
Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
My gram has it on her kidney (only has one cuz she gave the other to my aunt) lungs, stomach, and behind her eyes, though the one has stopped growing.

Personally i think that the people that are tough and believe, they have the best chance to survive, so i try to stop an see her when ever i get the chance to. Last time we talked about me when i was a little kid, my first day of kindergarten, and when i graduated high school, she was so happy.
I totally believe that the mind has a definite influence over the body. You're right people that have it stuck in their head that they will get better have a much better chance than people who just get depressed and give up. I remember talking about old times and laughing with my grandma after she got sick. I know she loved that. That and watching the Oakland A's on TV.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #15
Golden Master

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's cancer.

I know how hard it is to have a close family member or friend develop cancer. It always happens to the best people. I wish your grandmother the best of luck with defeating the horrible disease.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

What kind ? if you dont mind me asking.. Sorry to hear that.. Everything most likely will turn out okay My mom has bad skin cancer atm and is going throuugh treatment...

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

I am very sorry to hear that. Spend as much time with her as you can. I lost my Mother last December after dealing with cancer for about 5 years. I have many fond memories of the last five years.
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

I wish her the best of luck
Old 07-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
Daemon Poster

Sorry to hear that dude. But don't ever give up hope.

My grandmother had cancer, a few years before I was born, doctors didn't know she had it until it was very late stage, the gave her less than 3 months to live. She fought it and beat it, and is still outworking me 19 years later.

So please, don't give up hope no matter how bad it may seem. I will keep her, and your family in my Prayers though
Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I just went through kinda the same thing, my grandmother had a stroke about 5-6 weeks ago. A pretty bad one and she is paralyzed on her whole right side. In the time since she had it though she's recovered some, her speech is a lot better, she's able to hold her head up straight and hold her body up straight now too. She is slowly regaining use of her right leg but still is not able to move her right arm at all yet.

I feel your pain about what it's like to have something bad happen to someone who is so close to you, whether it's cancer, stroke or whatever. It sucks when things happen to grandmothers.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote