Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #31
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

Well tbh at least he wasn't shot and he will still be alive .The cops where doing him a favour really as they could have eneded up shooting him but some human rights activists wont see it that way . I mean it was better than shooting him and potentially killing him or a ricocheting bullet hitting an innocent civilian . I read a book by an EX member of S019(Britain's swat team so to say) and he said when dealing with an armed suspect in an enclosed urban space like that a missing could send a bullet ricocheting into some innocent civillian or one of your fellow partners
the element of suprize is always a good thing as well as that woud have been the last thing he would have expected
And besides i think police should be allowed to do that if its necessery to bring down a maniac if there is no chance to talk them out of it then simply ram them with the car or whatever else you need to do to stop them otherwise more people could be hurt . What pisses me of is the human rights activists who say , but what about their human rights . From my point of view the rights of one crazed scumbag carrying a gun or knife outweight those of his victims and potential victims so in that case police should do whatever is needed
I think if the police shoot someone then there must be good reason such as a threat to the public and tbh i dont think the police should be under so much scrutiny when someone is shot as i am sure deciding to kill someone is not exactly a decision we all make everyday and i can believe it be a very hard decision to make . I mean picture it , you have a gun pointed at an armed suspect and you are under immense pressure , if you don't shoot at the vital moment more people could be hurt , whereas if you shoot to soon you could be done for whatever so its not exactly a decision they take lightly is it . From a british point of view i think the armed police need to be given more of a break as they do a hard job
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #32
Fully Optimized
 
CompMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,323
Send a message via AIM to CompMan
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

ahah nice!
__________________

__________________
|Intel Q6600@3.0ghz||ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA||2GiG Corsair XM2 DDR2 800||EvGa 8800GTS||36gig Western Digital Raptor 10,000 rpm||Ultra X2 connect 550W modular psu||Thermaltake Tsunami Case|Vista 64bit|
Windows has Blue screens, Mac has grey screens, and CF has White screens!!
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT Titanium Grey, Greddy Exhaust, AEM cold air intake
--objects in rearview get smaller with each shift--
CompMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #33
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Well tbh at least he wasn't shot and he will still be alive .The cops where doing him a favour really as they could have eneded up shooting him but some human rights activists wont see it that way . I mean it was better than shooting him and potentially killing him or a ricocheting bullet hitting an innocent civilian . I read a book by an EX member of S019(Britain's swat team so to say) and he said when dealing with an armed suspect in an enclosed urban space like that a missing could send a bullet ricocheting into some innocent civillian or one of your fellow partners
the element of suprize is always a good thing as well as that woud have been the last thing he would have expected
And besides i think police should be allowed to do that if its necessery to bring down a maniac if there is no chance to talk them out of it then simply ram them with the car or whatever else you need to do to stop them otherwise more people could be hurt . What pisses me of is the human rights activists who say , but what about their human rights . From my point of view the rights of one crazed scumbag carrying a gun or knife outweight those of his victims and potential victims so in that case police should do whatever is needed
I think if the police shoot someone then there must be good reason such as a threat to the public and tbh i dont think the police should be under so much scrutiny when someone is shot as i am sure deciding to kill someone is not exactly a decision we all make everyday and i can believe it be a very hard decision to make . I mean picture it , you have a gun pointed at an armed suspect and you are under immense pressure , if you don't shoot at the vital moment more people could be hurt , whereas if you shoot to soon you could be done for whatever so its not exactly a decision they take lightly is it . From a british point of view i think the armed police need to be given more of a break as they do a hard job
Not a single human rights activist mentioned a peep about that incident.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #34
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
Not a single human rights activist mentioned a peep about that incident.
Good. If they did, the police should give them a badge and have them take care of a guy like that next time.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #35
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
Not a single human rights activist mentioned a peep about that incident.
Yeah but i am sure if they saw that video they would have something to say . They seem to have something to say about most things .
And as celegorm said if they think that human rights are more important than that of some dud with a knife , i say let them try being cops for a few days see how they find the whole human rights thing after that
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #36
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Yeah but i am sure if they saw that video they would have something to say . They seem to have something to say about most things .
And as celegorm said if they think that human rights are more important than that of some dud with a knife , i say let them try being cops for a few days see how they find the whole human rights thing after that
Trust me, they heard about it.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #37
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

So how come they never said anything as they usually do when something like this happens
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #38
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
So how come they never said anything as they usually do when something like this happens
Because the guy deserved it, and we don't care. Just some crazy crackhead (Expensive part of town for a crackhead to be hanging out on, thats young street, few blocks up from eaton center)
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #39
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
ye tasing might of been better
Tasers are still rather controversial. They're effective in deterring a suspect, but if you abuse it, you could easily kill someone.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #40
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Canadian Police do it right

its nice to know that some cops don't put up with any shit. too bad not all cops are like that.
__________________

__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0