Can your computer run Windows Vista? and what version?

I was looking around online today and I stumbled across this little thingy it scan your computer and everything inside of including programs and hardware to see if Windows Vista works on your computer and if it does which version will work.

I can run Windows Vista business edition

Even though im not in a business lol im a single home user

I kind of want to upgrade to this edition just to try it out but im afraid that if I do something might go wrong and if it does I don't have a windows XP Professional Cd to reinstall windows with....

O well the program is in the link below

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=65926&clcid=0x409

I think the program has been known for ages. Although, tommorow, I shall be having the Countdown Live until it all reaches 0.

We should put this down in the OS section. I have posted a lot of my Vista experience down there. So far, I'm running Business Edition also---and it's running great. No error popups now, fast, and fun to use. The glass look is so freaking cool. I use the 3d flip so much now and can't imagine using Windows without it.

You don't have to work in a business environment to use Business Edition. I'm just a crappy student and I'm running it. It has more features then Home Premium has (without the Media Center Edition look), but it has all the same support as Home Premium + more. You can still hook up a TV tuner to Business Edition, run movies music, photos, etc. Home Premium Vista reminds me of Windows XP Media Center Edition, that's it.

Oh, forgot to check your link. Yes, please run the advisory. I was surprised that some hardware on my system didn't work with Vista. My scanner is one of them. I'm either going to sell it for dirt cheap or wait for actual Vista compatible drivers for it.

It says I can run buisness, but I also need to uninstall Windows Powershell and NOD32 antivirus

Sometimes, the advisory can be a little flaky. For example, my D-Link adapter wasn't on their compatibility list, but it still end up working. I mean, it was a headache to get it to run eventually, but it works regardless. I would try installing your old apps just to see what it says. You might get lucky and the install goes through. If not, it will just tell you that it cannot be installed. I tried installing drivers for my scanner (even the latest) and Vista rejects it.

I'm running Windows Vista Business right now. Awesome. :)

DJ-CHRIS said:
It says I can run buisness, but I also need to uninstall Windows Powershell and NOD32 antivirus

Yeah, that's why I decided to run a clean install. NOD32 wouldn't run on Vista, but that's okay. I'm using AVG Anti-Virus. Fully compatible with Windows Vista.

Yeah, it's the neatest OS I've seen by Microsoft. The bubbles screensaver looks pretty good but too gay if I were to use it. I'm using the "Windows Energy" screensaver. I love the animation on that one. The sounds of Vista sounds boring, lol. I'm going to import the sounds from my laptop to VIsta right now....

Haha, I don't really mind the sounds. Never paid much attention to it.

As for screensavers, I usually don't use screensavers.

I agree with the neatest part though. It doesn't look all cartoony like XP did, instead it looks more subtle and serious but with that elegant look to it.

What I love about the new Start button is how refined it is. Before, the menus would pop out here and there and stretch all the way across the screen!!!! I hated that. Now, it just restricts you to the left side and won't branch out anymore than it already is. I'm still trying to get use to the new Search feature. It's definitely different. There are tons of options to refine search. More powerful....

What antivirus are you running for Vista Business? Also are you able to install Nero 7 or Roxio at all?

Back
Top Bottom