Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
Talking Can’t decide on monitor's size! Please help.

I’ am having a very hard time trying to determine what size of a monitor or monitors to get? My main one as you will see on the link below is a Dell 24" 2407WFP-HC my original thoughts is ether get 2X 22” inch monitors and place them on both side of my main one, or gat one 24”. My budget is not that crazy because I also need to get one for my younger brother and having a hard time deciding what to get him as well… If I would to get 2X 22” monitors for myself, I was thinking about $170 each, newegg has some interesting choices. However If I would to go for one 24” I would spend about no more then $270 as I don’t believe spending more on a single secondary monitor is needed. I am linking some pics for you to see how my current setup looks like. I’m kind of leaning toward getting a 2X 22” monitors, but very interested in your feedback. Main usage for the extra monitor’s will be probably playing WoW (yes I know, I’m a lost case). The pics are few month old, but the current layout is about the same.

Also what adapter do I need to get in order to have 3 monitors hooked up? And what type of a layout am I looking at with 2 addition monitors, Will I be able to extend it on both the left and the right? I currently have one 9800GTX.

- Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Intel i7 920 @4Ghz 1.35v- Prolimatech HS - Cosmos S Case -
- ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 PSU
- ATI 5870 - G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 1600 - Razer Barracuda™ AC-1
- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Can’t decide on monitor's size! Please help.

you will need another video card that is NOT sli'ed

AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Can’t decide on monitor's size! Please help.

You will need an extra video card for 3 monitors. It doesn't need to be the same as your current one, but it would probably be ideal if you plan on 3 screen gaming. You can do 2 monitors with your current setup if your graphics card has a second port. If you do 3 screen, hook up the center one to your main card, and outside screens to the secondary card. I have 3 screens and it works out best that way.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote