Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Calls and hang up's on my cell phone

I keep getting these calls on my cell phone, a couple from a 602 area code, one from 877 (toll free) and one from an 866 toll free number from a company. I've gotten 3 today so far and over the past few weeks I've gotten probably a dozen calls. When they call, my cell rings for like 2 seconds and then quits. If I try to answer they just cut off. I have tried calling a few numbers back and they are all busy.........WTF?

Anyone experiencing this??.....It's really pissing me off. I did call the one 866 number and got an answering service for a company called advanced media group, so I left an angry message saying to delete my number and stuff. I'm ready to change my number......but what else can I do???

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Calls and hang up's on my cell phone

I had a couple calls like that but if you actually get one that connects you will get a automated message that says if you would like us to stop calling press 7 or something like that.

Well atleast that is how I stopped them calling mine. I was pissed when I started getting telemarketing calls on my cellie. I haven't had any since though

Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
I had a couple calls like that but if you actually get one that connects you will get a automated message that says if you would like us to stop calling press 7 or something like that.

Well atleast that is how I stopped them calling mine. I was pissed when I started getting telemarketing calls on my cellie. I haven't had any since though
Yeah, there's nothing like that to make them stop calling on the numbers I'm getting calls from, like I said, they're all busy. Pisses me off too because I only give my cell number out to select people and I've been careful so that it doesn't get spread around too much. Then this happens and I am getting these phone calls now.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Tommy, my dad watches CNN/MSNBC/FOX religiously, and a few weeks ago he told me that cell phone companies (or listing agencies...some damn thing) were releasing all numbers. Supposedly there's a number you can call to put your cell on the DNCL (Do Not Call List) just like a normal land-line. Try and google it and see what you find. That might be the deal...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Yes, there is a DNCL for cell phones. At least in Wisconsin there is. Otherwise, if they are always the same numbers, you could get them blocked.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to jdrum10j

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
Tommy, my dad watches CNN/MSNBC/FOX religiously, and a few weeks ago he told me that cell phone companies (or listing agencies...some damn thing) were releasing all numbers. Supposedly there's a number you can call to put your cell on the DNCL (Do Not Call List) just like a normal land-line. Try and google it and see what you find. That might be the deal...
I've also heard things similar to this. I work in a law firm and our attorney that handles consumer law said that a lot of times different companies/carriers will sale their lists - sometimes it appears in your contract, sometimes it doesn't.

The last I heard (for Texas, at least) you could go online and put your number on a "Do Not Call List" like Dude said above. But if I remember right, for mobile numbers, there was a number that you had to call to be placed on that list. But even so, I think it takes a few weeks before everyone's call list is update.

Good luck!
jdrum10j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146

You guys should just call those numbers back and do this to them:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520321,00.html
Prodigy146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy146 View Post
You guys should just call those numbers back and do this to them:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520321,00.html
LMAO! It just never gets old!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #9
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to jdrum10j

Haha, good song.

Reminds of that Family Guy episode with Bryan on the keytar at the dance.

"Here's a song by a gay guy."
jdrum10j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #10
Site Team

HAve you googled the number yet?