Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #1
In Runtime
Default Calling all super programmers

If anyone knows what a cheat engine is
I need help with getting one to work in Vista

Apparently, Vista blocks a certain type of kernel that this engine runs on, and it is hard to change this. If anyone has any clue what I'm talking about, let me know

I ask alot of questions. A +Rep is in order for all those who can put up with them.
jon the noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
Site Team
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Calling all super programmers

depending on what your looking to cheat in, this could be illegal.

I won't ask you what you are trying to cheat. If it is illegal to cheat durring it (online multiplayer or whatever), let me know. This will be locked, but I will not stop people from PM'ing you.

"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Re: Calling all super programmers

A cheat engine is basically a hack. You can use it to change values such as how much in-game money, experience points, etc.. This is completely legal to use during offline play, but illegal when you are online. The easiest way to do stuff like this is through a program called Cheat Engine. http://www.cheatengine.org/

I have been running this on Vista for awhile, but you have to be sure that you run it with full administrative properties. (Right Click > Run as Administrator)
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote