Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default call me crazy, but....

okay, i was at the airport the other day, it took us an hour and a half to get through security, now has anyone ever thought?
does the govenrment think that this is the only flaw in our security? i mean, you practically have to have your rectum searched to get through the airports, so wouldnt the terrorists try a different method for 2 reasons
too much security/risk
its already been done, too much suspicion?
i dunno, i just think that the terrorists would think of a different way, considering the crazy stuff going on at airports
__________________

__________________
We ride, we die {É}FORUM 2007{É}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
Golden Master
 
joxley1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,846
Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990
Default Re: call me crazy, but....

Your Crazy. Lol.

No sorry, I'm not in a state of mind to be able to talk about terrorism.. check back tomorrow.
__________________

joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: call me crazy, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardordi3 View Post
okay, i was at the airport the other day, it took us an hour and a half to get through security, now has anyone ever thought?
does the govenrment think that this is the only flaw in our security? i mean, you practically have to have your rectum searched to get through the airports, so wouldnt the terrorists try a different method for 2 reasons
too much security/risk
its already been done, too much suspicion?
i dunno, i just think that the terrorists would think of a different way, considering the crazy stuff going on at airports
no but if you reduce the security at airports terrorists will realise and then the reduced security will be easy for them to by pass
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
Golden Master
 
dude_se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 8,632
Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default Re: call me crazy, but....

lol. yh the security is kinda random. im sure if i sat here for a few days and had a think i could make some sort of plan to bypass it (not that im going to). i mean theres still flaws, thats how these stupid people do it in the first place. if they are too stupid to figure out new ways then thats a good thing, it means we are safe. the security needs to be sorted out. the more the better but some improvements are needed
__________________
Laptop spec: ASUS X53E, i5 2430m 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, 320gb hdd, intel hd graphics, usb 3.0
dude_se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: call me crazy, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz379 View Post
no but if you reduce the security at airports terrorists will realise and then the reduced security will be easy for them to by pass
im not calling for reducing it, im just saying dont you think terrorists would be a little smarter than to even try to get through that? lol
__________________
We ride, we die {É}FORUM 2007{É}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: call me crazy, but....

well, there are ways, but they might not affect america as much as the airport.
__________________
ďAdults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.Ē - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #7
Daemon Poster
 
Ahyoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default Re: call me crazy, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardordi3 View Post
okay, i was at the airport the other day, it took us an hour and a half to get through security, now has anyone ever thought?
does the govenrment think that this is the only flaw in our security? i mean, you practically have to have your rectum searched to get through the airports, so wouldnt the terrorists try a different method for 2 reasons
too much security/risk
its already been done, too much suspicion?
i dunno, i just think that the terrorists would think of a different way, considering the crazy stuff going on at airports
True...but flying is the most efficient way of going somewhere, they use the vehicle itself as a weapon...if they tried sailing it would be to hard to have the instruments to carry out a terrorist attack (also it would take like a week to sail across the Atlantic lol).

but yeah man airport security is a pain lol, reminds me of a story of when i was coming back from Mexico i was going through customs and the Homeland Security man (a very large black man with biceps the size of a watermelon) asked to see my travel papers (which was just my birth certificate), so i hand it to him and i had them folded over once...the man gets upset and starts yelling at me "DO NOT APPROACH ME WITH YOUR PAPERS FOLDED!" i was like 14 at the time so i don't think im much of a threat. but yeah...lesson learned...only after i had like wet myself lol
Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #8
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: call me crazy, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyoka View Post
True...but flying is the most efficient way of going somewhere, they use the vehicle itself as a weapon...if they tried sailing it would be to hard to have the instruments to carry out a terrorist attack (also it would take like a week to sail across the Atlantic lol).

but yeah man airport security is a pain lol, reminds me of a story of when i was coming back from Mexico i was going through customs and the Homeland Security man (a very large black man with biceps the size of a watermelon) asked to see my travel papers (which was just my birth certificate), so i hand it to him and i had them folded over once...the man gets upset and starts yelling at me "DO NOT APPROACH ME WITH YOUR PAPERS FOLDED!" i was like 14 at the time so i don't think im much of a threat. but yeah...lesson learned...only after i had like wet myself lol
Sounds like hes got a temper problem, lol.
__________________
ďAdults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.Ē - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #9
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: call me crazy, but....

That's why it's smart to estimate about 2 hours to get through check-in and security.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:12 AM   #10
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,006
Default Re: call me crazy, but....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyoka View Post
True...but flying is the most efficient way of going somewhere, they use the vehicle itself as a weapon...if they tried sailing it would be to hard to have the instruments to carry out a terrorist attack (also it would take like a week to sail across the Atlantic lol).

but yeah man airport security is a pain lol, reminds me of a story of when i was coming back from Mexico i was going through customs and the Homeland Security man (a very large black man with biceps the size of a watermelon) asked to see my travel papers (which was just my birth certificate), so i hand it to him and i had them folded over once...the man gets upset and starts yelling at me "DO NOT APPROACH ME WITH YOUR PAPERS FOLDED!" i was like 14 at the time so i don't think im much of a threat. but yeah...lesson learned...only after i had like wet myself lol
Sounds like hes got a temper problem, lol.
Nah sounds like he's an arse on a power trip, shouting at a 14 year old kid, someone who blatantly isn't going to say anything back!

I see your point though,

IMO if I were a terrorist I'd come in the same way all the illegal immigrants get in, cause they obviously aren't standing in lines with passport documents at the ready, but they are still getting in!

having said that, most terrorists are 'home grown' anyway.
__________________

__________________
I didnít fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarianÖ
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0