Call of Duty 5 beta personal review!

This is disappointing. And here I was all excited for it.

I guess for now, I'm going to break my rule I lived by and try out the new MMO Warhammer Online.

I disagree, I much prefer the WW2 themes

To rephrase, it's over used. It always tried to be too authentic about the weapons and enemies.

The only WWII shooter I REALLY enjoyed was Return To Castle Wolfenstein, but that's because it was a complete twist on what everybody else did.

i just played the beta....
its not as fun as CoD4, well looks its there goes another game where my anticipation is starting to go.

To rephrase, it's over used. It always tried to be too authentic about the weapons and enemies.

The only WWII shooter I REALLY enjoyed was Return To Castle Wolfenstein, but that's because it was a complete twist on what everybody else did.

I actually admire Gearbox Software for the Brothers in Arms series. They try to make every detail as authentic as possible and almost all the characters are based on a real person and a few characters were real soldiers in the war.

They also do a good job of not glorifying the war. The BiA series has a pretty grim side to it and for Hell's Highway, their choice to highlight Operation Market Garden was a pretty neat choice. It's nice seeing a war game focus on what war can do to people rather than glorifying the US military.

It would still be nice if we saw more of a variety than modern warfare and WWII.

Back
Top Bottom