Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-22-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default Bypassed security enabled network

Lol, I was playing around with my Intenet connection because it hasn't been working for the last few days here at the house. I tried a lot of different things, but nothing. I see a lot of wireless networks available but all of them are security enabled networks. So I decided to play with some of them to see if I know what the security password was on some of them.

I got into one just now and the password happens to be their telephone number!! I can't believe it. It has super strength and I'm cruising on the Net. Man, I can't believe I got into their private network. Lucky hack I guess....they'll probably be wondering, "who's PC is that?" when they see it pop up in their network map, lol. I just hope they're not too computer saavy and won't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:19 AM   #2
Wizard of Wires

Default Re: Bypassed security enabled network

Yeah and just think of how many federal laws you're violating.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:22 AM   #3
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOwner View Post
Lol, I was playing around with my Intenet connection because it hasn't been working for the last few days here at the house. I tried a lot of different things, but nothing. I see a lot of wireless networks available but all of them are security enabled networks. So I decided to play with some of them to see if I know what the security password was on some of them.

I got into one just now and the password happens to be their telephone number!! I can't believe it. It has super strength and I'm cruising on the Net. Man, I can't believe I got into their private network. Lucky hack I guess....they'll probably be wondering, "who's PC is that?" when they see it pop up in their network map, lol. I just hope they're not too computer saavy and won't notice anything out of the ordinary.
Hmmm, looks dangerous, I suggest that you do more digging purely to find out if he is a techie, & if it's plain that he is [there'll be signs] get out fast & cover your tracks if you can!!
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

i use my neighbours all the time. they did have 2 routers, one unsecure and one with wpa, but the unsecured one seems to have gone but luckily i took note of the wpa key and spoofed my mac address so i can use it
Old 09-22-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
i use my neighbours all the time. they did have 2 routers, one unsecure and one with wpa, but the unsecured one seems to have gone but luckily i took note of the wpa key and spoofed my mac address so i can use it
Spoofed your mac address?, hmmm, sounds dodgy, is it?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
no
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice

If you're cool with the neighbors, go into their house and write down the WPA key if it is a WPA secured network.
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
With the retardness of Cable ISP's, Spoofing mac addresses is something that has to be done in alot of cases. Most modern routers support it.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #9
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to BF2player

I feed off my neighbors internet all the time(well when my internet is off). I'm sure my computer shows up in the system, but obviously they don't care. I do notice a lot of lag while on their internet, but who am I to complain?
BF2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #10
Golden Master

I know the neighbors (that I tapped into--which is how I got their phone number in case of any emergency's), but we never talk about computers and internet stuff so the topic never comes up. I changed my PC name though so it's anonoymous. Now the network is private. I don't think they have a MAC filter setup, otherwise, I would never have gotten in.

I got lucky with their encryption password. You know how there are secure networks with the padlock next to it? It always ask you for the key before it allows you in. Man, that was funny though how they used their phone number instead of some random alpha/numeric code (like I do).