bye bye cable, hello digital

Well my personal opinion would have to be for digital, but i can't wait til it all goes to fiber optics.

I read somewhere that maybe in the near future the cable lines will be replaced with fiber optics, and your so called TV will pickup over 600 channels.

Anyway's digital is crysp and clear, but i would never settle for satalite TV, i had it before, and it sucked in bad weather.Maybe the new reciver's and dish's have this fixxed...I yet to find out.

LOL, I for once totally agree with Gaincarlo.

Here in the UK, Terrestrial TV is definatly going to go. There are 3 spots in the UK that are already under trial. One of which is in Wales, and another that I know about is only 5 miles from where I live, a town called Dalbettie. My mate lives there (Delta on CF) and terrestrial TV is getting shut off there within the next few months.

I don't see the problem with going all Digital (all via satellite). It's called technological evolution. In order to make more digital channels availible and affordable for broadcasters, older and less used terrestrial wavebands should be scrapped. Not overnight for sure, but eventually yes.

Even more so in the UK. A Sky Digi-box and dish can be gotten for free, and you don't need to pay for the premium channels. You could fit it yourself if you were that tight. Better quality, more free channels, and no, you DON'T have to pay for a subscription! Only the TV licence that you would need anyway.

Thats my 2P :p

Back
Top Bottom