Buying Textbooks

Those who go/went to college may know that textbooks are very expensive. I have about $600 of textbooks to buy (based on brand new prices at amazon). Are there cheaper places than Amazon where I can get quality books? How do you feel about the "Buy new from: $$" books that Amazon has? I bought a "Buy used from: $$" book once and it came it pretty bad shape. I want the book in new shape. So would these "Buy new from: $$" books come in pretty good shape? Buy those would save me about $150 from buy brand new books.

what classes you taking?

give me a list of your books

i may have some from last year

These are the books I need:

-Physics for Scientists & Engineers, Vol. 1 (Chs 1-20) (4th Edition) by Douglas C. Giancoli
-Natural Science in Western History, Volume 2 (v. 2) by Frederick Gregory
-Introduction to Flight by John Anderson
-Elementary Linear Algebra by Ron Larson
-Vector Calculus (3rd Edition) by Susan J. Colley

There are 2-3 other books I still need, but my professors said they were cheap $10-15 books that just accompany these "main books".

sorry your major is too different from mine.

But are you buying from barnes and nobles? or are you going to engineers bookstore?

600 is a lot. I spent 50 last semester and 200+ the semester before that. But I have connections...

Yup, $600 sounds right... Don't you love engineering majors?

I haven't ordered from it yet, but I've always heard good things about half.com

$600? thats seems like a lot. How many books do you need?

The ones listed above your post. I also need another $20 book, but that's nothing compared to the rest.

But are you buying from barnes and nobles? or are you going to engineers bookstore?

I'm looking to get them from Amazon. I e-mailed all my professors to double check that those are the books.

Yup, $600 sounds right... Don't you love engineering majors?

That's where all the future careers are at though :D

sometimes I would wait tho. Ask the professor if the book is even necessary. Happened to me last semester. Guy said just follow the notes and that's it.

I haven't ordered from it yet, but I've always heard good things about half.com

If I end up purchasing the books not brand new, than this is the website I'll probably use. I just looked into it and they have a good system of finding deals for various conditions. However, I haven't seen a website beating Amazon's brand new prices.

By the way, if you're wondering why I'm buying brand new it's because I like to keep books for references.

take a look at the prices on barns and noble and Boarders books. Then take off the 10% for membership and see how that compairs. I've actually found some books to be cheaper than amazon with by B&N membership.

take a look at the prices on barns and noble and Boarders books. Then take off the 10% for membership and see how that compairs. I've actually found some books to be cheaper than amazon with by B&N membership.

its actually a school bookstore inside a barnes and nobles...even though its the Georgia Tech Barnes and Nobes that sells our apparel, the membership doesn't apply to school books. Either way, they sell them like diamonds.

Back
Top Bottom