Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-22-2006, 01:10 AM   #11
Golden Master

Default Re: Buying a car

Yeah--as long as the payment isn't over $800 a month. Of course, the lower the better. Something bad just happened to me. I brought home some industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner. It's like acid. I didn't know there was a leak in the bottle and it seeped through the bag and all the way up to my room. Now the acid is eating through the carpet!!!! Now, I have to pay to get new carpet and have it installed. What a pain. I have no idea how much this is going to cost, but hope it's not in the thousands. That will set me back a little on getting a new car.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:43 AM   #12
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Yeah--as long as the payment isn't over $800 a month. Of course, the lower the better. Something bad just happened to me. I brought home some industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner. It's like acid. I didn't know there was a leak in the bottle and it seeped through the bag and all the way up to my room. Now the acid is eating through the carpet!!!! Now, I have to pay to get new carpet and have it installed. What a pain. I have no idea how much this is going to cost, but hope it's not in the thousands. That will set me back a little on getting a new car.
Ouch, that's pretty unlucky. Was it a big spill or just a trail of acid leading up the stairs?

Anyways, about the car, I hear the Toyota Corollas are good. They even come in a sportier design with the CorollaS.

PCNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:57 AM   #13
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer

Sell me your Corolla.
MarxSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:00 AM   #14
Golden Master

That's the one I have, the Corolla S. As for the carpet stain, it's a trail of acid. Now that it has settled for awhile, the carpet that are effected are completely dissolved. That is bad. Looks like the carpet has to be replaced. I'm going to use the Corolla as a trade in. I still owe money on it.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:02 AM   #15
Daemon Poster

I tell ya, it would be cool to be seen driving around in a DeLorean

www.delorean.com

Can't wait until i find an opportunity to get one (bit hard in Aus, only 6 listed owners)

Matt
Mattyl110792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:50 AM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyl110792
I tell ya, it would be cool to be seen driving around in a DeLorean

www.delorean.com

Can't wait until i find an opportunity to get one (bit hard in Aus, only 6 listed owners)

Matt
Heck yeah!

Over here in the States, there is a company that builds them brand new. Using NOS parts. They even pump up the motor a bit, because we all know that the motor was the weak point in a Delorean. It's a better car than when it was brand new.

Anyone got 25 grand they wanna lend me?

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #17
Golden Master

The DeLorean is definitely out of the question though. Too old and heavy.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

I would give you a suggestion, but I'm into cheap, fast cars. I don't know much about the expensive luxurious ones. I'm sure you know the phrase:
"Cheap, fast, and reliable. Pick 2."
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:06 PM   #19
Golden Master

Dont do it, its over rated unless you're gona mod it. Seriosuly for a 30k car it has no go, its only 204 hp, which really is nothing especially for 30k. Overall its amazing car, looks great, but hp it sucks. Get a used g35 coupe man, about 26k with navi, leather, 19inch sport rims, and 280hp defintly worth it imo.

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #20
Golden Master

Lol, a lot of people at work today told me to just pay off my Corolla and save money. Most of them agree the IS250 or the 350 is way too much for what it's worth. Plus, a majority of you on here say the same too so the Lexus is out of the question. As good as it looks, it's not worth the price tag.