Buying a car

oh i love the two door G35 :) amazingly nice car. I also like the new Civic SI (im not too good with civics because i dispise them) but the 2 dr crazy looking one. Lexus's are nice but i find they bring with them cocky people who think their shit dont stink, or thug teenagers in daddy's car.

Mattyl110792 said:
I tell ya, it would be cool to be seen driving around in a DeLorean ;)

www.delorean.com

Can't wait until i find an opportunity to get one (bit hard in Aus, only 6 listed owners)

Matt
I dont think they make new ones any more do they?
maybe you should buy a smart Fart 2. :D

money_man said:
oh i love the two door G35 :) amazingly nice car. I also like the new Civic SI (im not too good with civics because i dispise them) but the 2 dr crazy looking one. Lexus's are nice but i find they bring with them cocky people who think their shit dont stink, or thug teenagers in daddy's car.

The new CIvic SI is a nice car. Honda did a lot of upgrades to it. It's pushing 200 horsepower with a lot of new stuff you usually find in luxury class vehicles. Probably why it cost more than $22,000 for a base model. Another thing is car insurance. I'll have to get a quote to see how much my premium will be on certain vehicles, lol.

sorry about my double posting, got an error the first time i tried to post. the G35 coupe is an amazing looking car. i'd buy that. Then again im a 17 yr old high school student so i drive a Pontiac Grand Prix :)

You know what I found out? Even the base Lexus IS250 RWD has the sport shift. I thought only the IS350 has it and no other model. That puts a whole new light on things. The IS350 is still the preferred vehicle--but we'll see how financing hold out. I'm going for the 350 first but if it's going to be way too high to finance, then I'll go for the 250 RWD with sport shift.

STANDARD FEATURES

Performance Features

- 2.5-liter V6, four cam, four valves per cylinder, with dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)

- 204 hp [1] @ 6,400, 185 lb-ft torque [1] @ 4,800 rpm

- Six-speed paddle-shift sequential automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)

- Independent, double-wishbone front suspension with coil springs, gas-pressurized shock absorbers and hollow stabilizer bar.

- Independent, multi-link rear suspension with coil springs, inverted mono-tube gas-pressurized shock absorbers and stabilizer bar.

- Rear-wheel drive

- Electronic vehicle-speed-sensing, progressive power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering

- Four-wheel power-assisted disc brakes

- 17-in alloy wheels with 225/45VR17 all-season tires front, 245/45VR17 all-season tires rear [2]

- Estimated fuel consumption: 24/32 mpg city/highway [3]

Luxury Features

- Metallic-finish interior trim

- Leather-trimmed interior

- Leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob

- Steering-wheel-mounted audio and display controls

- Tilt-and-telescopic steering column

- Lexus 13-speaker Premium Sound System with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer

- Auxiliary iPod®/MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) port

- In-glass antenna with FM-diversity system

- 10-way driver's and front passenger's (including lumbar) power seats

- Height-adjustable headrests for all seats, including rear-center

- Dual-zone automatic climate control with interior air filter and automatic recirculation mode

- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with rotary dial adjustment, one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade

- Power windows with one-touch auto open/close feature

- Remote-linked window and moonroof opening

- Retained accessory power for windows and moonroof

- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside rearview mirror

- Power door locks

- Cruise control

- SmartAccess with push-button Start/Stop [4]

- Center console with sliding armrest, storage bin and accessory outlet

- Foldable front-door storage pockets

- HomeLink® universal transceiver to operate compatible garage, gate, home lighting and home security systems

- Illuminated entry system

- Electroluminescent instrumentation with startup sequence

- Illuminated interior electronic trunk-lid and fuel-filler door releases

- Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) [5] to personalize electronic functions

- Automatic on/off projector-beam headlamps with 30-second delay

- Dual chrome exhaust tips

- Trunk pass-through

- Carpeted floor mats

Safety and Security Features

- Driver's and front passenger's advanced airbag system (SRS) with front passenger's twin-chamber airbag [6]

- Front seat-mounted side airbags (SRS) [6]

- Front and rear side curtain airbags (SRS) [6]

- Driver's and front passenger's knee airbags (SRS) [6]

- Three-point seatbelts for all seating positions, pre-tensioners with force limiters for front and outboard rear seats

- Automatic Locking Retractor/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) seatbelts for all passenger seating positions. Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) only for driver's seat

- Height-adjustable front shoulder belt anchors

- Child Restraint Seat (CRS) tether anchor brackets for rear outboard seating positions

- Four-wheel power-assisted disc brakes

- Four-sensor, four-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)

- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [7]

- Traction Control (TRAC)

- Brake Assist [8]

- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)

- Lexus four-sensor Tire Pressure Monitor System [9]

- Highly rigid body structure with front and rear crumple zones

- Side-impact door beams

- Reinforcements in pillars

- Impact-dissipating upper interior trim

- Collapsible steering column

- Daytime running lights

- Integrated foglamps

- Water-repellent front-door glass

- Variable intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

- Rear-window defogger with auto-off timer

- Power-adjustable outside mirrors with puddle lamps

- Vehicle theft-deterrent and engine immobilizer system

- Tool kit

- First aid kit

what i think u should do, is browse everything. Both domestic and import. look at like everything. your not in a rush, your car you have now runs great. so just look at everything everyone is offering. then you can really get a feel for what u want and not be limited.

You shouldn't be bias against domestics anymore, in the past few years they have made great strives in becoming better and they are now showing it, especially GM vehicles. I plan on buying a Saturn Aura in the next few years. Ford I wouldn't go to yet they are still behind if you ask me.

I would say if you don't want to spend much money consider a Cadillac CTS, they start at $29k. For about $38k-$40k you can get it fully loaded (Including the NAV system), and for $52K you can get the high performance version which is called the CTS-V.

The CTS is fairly cheap, reliable, and it runs on regular gas. It's got 255 HP and is RWD. You might want to wait until the 2008 model comes out, they are redesigning the vehicle and it will have optional AWD which I find very desirable where I live. GM will probably add a more powerful engine option also. For more information check out Cadillac's website: CTS.

The European cars are fine for some people but I would never buy one. They look nice but they cost too much money, cost a ton of money to fix, and they all run on premium. I know its a bit bias.

Like the other members said shop around, look at all your options, and consider a second hand vehicle. Check around on E-Bay they sell many of them there.

I think I pretty much made up my mind. I've talked with other guys on the Lexus forum, Honda forum, and including my Corolla forum for advice and opinions. Plus I talked to guys at work about this too. Both forums have one thing in common in which they all say the Lexus are the car to get----if you get the IS350 and nothing lower. It's only a few thousand dollar difference and you get tons of power with luxury up the ying yang. I should be able to afford it no problem. I just have to save a bit for about two months before I can come up with a big down payment.

Back
Top Bottom