Building a pool table

foothead

Omnicide now.
Well, my dad has asked me to get some information on building a pool table. We want an 8 foot or 8.5 foot table, with regulation dimensions, except instead of using slate, we intend to use some 54"x54"x3/4" sheets of Marble that we have in that backyard (long story)

Does anyone here have a pool table? I need some dimension, specifically the height, and angle of the bumpers. If anyone knows where I can get some free plans, that would be a major help too, but I have most everything collected already.

Btw, how do y'all think a table with purple felt would look? The room has a lot of dark oak furniture, so I think it could match pretty well.

Yeah, I have a pool table, great game.

Any chance you could measure the angle of the bumpers? These are the only measurements that I cannot find on the Internet.

EDIT: Here is what I need:

rail_cutout.gif

The angle between the subrail and the slate. It is proving extremely hard to find.

Well, we just bought one. I found a 7 foot MDF table on craigslist for $200, sold by the guy right down the street. We walked down there and he ended up giving it to us for $175.

It's a cheap table, but it will work just fine for now. Later on, we are gonna build a 9 foot table with a sate playing surface.

Back
Top Bottom