Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: btjunkie problems

Changing the subject, if you have a VALID CD-KEY that you have purchased, but lost the CD of a game, it it legal to torrent the game client?

Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
Daemon Poster

I don't see why not considering you have already purchased it since you have a valid CD-Key. But I can see people making the argument that it isn't any different then just stealing the game/product.

For Diablo 2 I had lost the disc's, but had it already installed with a verified CD key from like 2 years before so I downloaded the disc's I needed to play it. I see no problem with people doing that.

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Same thing happened here, i found out Blizzard Let's you download the client with a Valid Cd-Key though, that goes with any Blizzard game.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Rakuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holysky View Post
Changing the subject, if you have a VALID CD-KEY that you have purchased, but lost the CD of a game, it it legal to torrent the game client?
This is something that a current debate in copyright law right now. The whole "if i have a legit copy of a game why do i not have the right to make a personal copy of said game/media ect." Right now as it stands I believe music and movies have been cleared up that you can have a back up copy of a movie/music for instances like "im going on a trip and I don't want to take the original." But the realm of games is still foggy.

If you are interested in keeping up with how this stuff is playing out check out http://www.eff.org/
Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker

Theres been plenty of times where I've had to torrent a game because I lost the cds. Thank goodness for steam to save some of that <3 Steam
CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
Daemon Poster

Ya Steam is great for when I take my computer places.

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to The_Necromancer

The Bell tolls
Old 08-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #18
Daemon Poster

I always buy my games for the added value of online play. I store my CD key in my GMail and either torrent an image or rip an image myself and store it on my PC then lose the disc.

Legodude522 is offline   Reply With Quote