Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Brothers PC build finished: wiring, haha

Haha just finished putting together my brothers build.
What you think of the wiring?

I'm going to be cleaning it now, but thats what it looks like now!
Its what I tend to do. Plug everything in at first, and then if it works, sort the wiring out.

Impressed with the CPU temp in the BIOS. It was showing 21 degrees C. Thats a massive drop from my 9700 when in there!

I'm really tempted to steal that GTX though... and give him my GTS 640...

In comparison. This is mine finished. Its not clean, clean, but its the best I could do with the non-modular wiring, so most of the wires at the bottom are just put under the gap between the first HDD caddy:

Could probably do a better job than that, but its doing perfectly fine.

Maybe I just suck at wiring...

Old 10-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Brothers PC build finished: wiring, haha

wiring is perfect lol

Nvidia 7600 GS 256 MB PCI-E 16x
jo5h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

mine looked like that for a while, then I got some case fans and decided to move them so they looked neat. its really clean now.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

What processor did you end up using?

What are the temps like with the Tuniq Tower on there?

Wiring = dropped bowl of spaghetti

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Haha I will be re-wiring it shortly. I think the massive amounts of wiring is due to the massive clump of Satas and Molex's I can't that I won't use. So I need to find somewhere else to hide them. Maybe if I take the sleeves off, I'll be able to bend the wires easier at the bottom.

Ended up using the Q6600 g0, the same as mine

And, as for the Tuniq, well, in the BIOS (haven't got Windows installed yet), its showing 21 degrees C, whereas my 9700 with the Q6600 shows 30 degrees C in the BIOS (35 degrees C when overclocked to 3.2ghz as it is at the moment)

a 9 degree C difference... wasn't expecting that.

It was sure a hell to fit though. I don't have exactly small hands so fitting into the gaps was hard. Haha, after fitting the motherboard back in, I realised I had to plug the 12v connections in, which were above the Tuniq. I managed it though without taking it out again.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #6
Site Team

Thats a nice lookin cpu heatsink with that cover on and congrats on the wiring - looks great
Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

I stink at wiring. I still haven't even made much of an attempt at cleaning my new build up. I just stuffed all the power supply wires not being used in the open 5.25" bays... Last I checked I was getting about 39C with my Zalman 9500 and E6600, could it be due to the bad wiring job I got, or does the heatsink need new thermal paste?

I also got to figure out how to plug in the front audio ports to my mobo. Maybe Thelis knows how as I know he has the same case I do (Cooler Master Elite 330), and at least a similar if not the same mobo (EVGA 680i).

Anyways, nice wiring job IMO. My build is gonna be hard to do because of the long cables of the power supply, and the fact that there are so many of them.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

yh my wiring sucks i tend to go for the "natural look" lol plus i have a windowed case so i think it looks better with a few wires here and there.

it would be 10 X easier if i would stop bein cheap and invest in a PSU which u only plug in the things your using

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #9
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-copper...umbscrews.html
i got those for my case, got them at a pc shop though, they had a nice touch , since i just put my PSU in my wiring looks like crap, but when have to time(ok when i get off my lazy ass) i can make it look REALLY clean
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
......... And, as for the Tuniq, well, in the BIOS (haven't got Windows installed yet), its showing 21 degrees C, whereas my 9700 with the Q6600 shows 30 degrees C in the BIOS (35 degrees C when overclocked to 3.2ghz as it is at the moment)

a 9 degree C difference... wasn't expecting that.

It was sure a hell to fit though. I don't have exactly small hands so fitting into the gaps was hard. Haha, after fitting the motherboard back in, I realised I had to plug the 12v connections in, which were above the Tuniq. I managed it though without taking it out again.
That is an interesting variance, I wouldn't have expected that big a difference either, I'm guessing you got that temp with the side off the case yes?? it will be interesting to see what difference having the case buttoned up and enclosed makes. I've always had an issue with having the psu at the bottom of the case, why have a 120mm exhaust fan in the coolest thermal region of a case for one and most of the wiring for a m/board just seems easier to hide with a top mounted psu. I very much doubt I'd ever build another pc without using a modular psu again either btw, man wiring is just sooooooo much easier without all the redundant feeds.

Keep us posted mate, I'm quite interested to see the final temp differential between the Tuniq and the Zalman as I'm thinking I may swap out my 9700NT for the 120 Ultra Extreme yet, I'm still getting ~46-47C at 100% load on four cores at stock speeds in an ambient air temp of mid to high 20's with the Zalman running at ~2200rpm, I'm not too happy with that considering summer air temps here can reach 40C in the shade.

I added my Scythe Karma bay cooler last night and it is now flooding the case with more air than the exhaust fan can cope with so my temps actually rise if I run it at greater than 1500rpm, I'm going to add another 80mm Thermaltake Smartfan II to the empty pci case slots which should help pull some of the exhaust from the 8800 out of the case. I have also made the cardboard shroud for the three rear most exhaust vents on the 8800 so it no longer dumps inside the case but is directed to the top half of the rear 80mm fan leaving the bottom half to exhaust the space under the video card. I'll get a nicely finished aluminium one folded up when I'm happy with the design or just keep the cardboard one until they (finally) manage to import the ZM-RHS88 ram heatsink I need to mount a Zalman VF1000 on the card, the retards who import the VF1000 "forgot" to import the RHS88, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon View Post
....... congrats on the wiring - looks great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusfrk611 View Post
...... Anyways, nice wiring job IMO......
Did you guys even look at the pics? or did you forget to add the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags.

With all due respect to Kage as he has repeatedly stated he has not addressed it yet, the wiring is a disgusting mess.

If that looks good to you guys god alone knows what your cases look like.

Lift your sights a little higher and try for something like this.

My Thermaltake Soprano (click to enlarge)

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote