Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: To Brookfield;

I think brookfield does a wonderful job, but I do agree that he does edit other's posts a little more than necsscary.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis1980
Yeah i know what u mean, he seems nice enough but to be honest all i see is Brook being the one to mod the board all the time a lot of it to me isnt necesarry, yeah some is like language etc. No offence and dont think we're ganging up, well im not anyway just i get a bit sick of posts, some of mine too, being edited for no real reason.
i agree with that, and a lot of the other comments. i hope brookfield makes an appearence soon.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, Brookfield is a nice guy. Although he may be from a different generation, thus his standards and morals might be different compared to some of us, he's still a good moderator. It's just these little nit-picky things that annoy you a bit. It starts off like a rash...you keep getting that urge to scratch it and it just gets more annoying and more annoying. I'm not gonna say he hasn't improved, because that would be lying, but just don't edit other peoples posts because you want to add your opinion to the post. The quote button is there for a reason.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Oh yeah, mint moderator, checks out everything, questions everything that looks fishy etc, but this needs to be cleared I think!
Old 03-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

he has been told that by other mods, me and david, yet he continues to do it..

ive told him this enough times.. he just chooses not to listen..

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
Old 03-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #16
Golden Master

You wanted me to appear, well here I am, thanks to all of you who said some kind things, some touched with doubts, every minute I am here, I have the interest of CF foremost in my mind, I nab the baddies as fast as I can, strongly defend members being harassed, I thoroughly enjoy the job & have done so for two years, now I'm being hounded nearly every minute because of technicalities, I haven't done dastardly deeds, just double posted, edited instead of quoting & quoted instead of editing, I am making an effort now, & you should see an improvement, hey, I sound like a naughty boy, & it's not nice, in the real world I held down some seriously difficult jobs for years with no complaints, yeah if I filled in some forms incorrectly, [& there were plenty of them] I didn't get a tongue-lashing for it, they were just left on my desk with a note saying please do these again, not "what's up with you Brookfield??, you've interfered with my post!"
I am making an effort, you don't know how embarrassing all this has been to me, I've seriously thought of leaving, but pulled up just short of the brink, & slept on it, & in the morning, remembering all the good friends I've made, & said sod it, shake yourself out of it mate, go back & do what you do best, & alter your ways with flipping quotes & edits, if that's what is wanted of me, so I'm afraid you're stuck with me!!

Maurice
Old 03-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

ive had no problems with Brookfield
| Intel Pentium D 820 2.80GHz(Smithfield) | EVGA 780i | EVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 |4GB Corsair 800 | WDCaviar 250GB | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro(w/ arctic silver 5) | Ultra 500w X-Finity Power Supply w/ 120mm Fan | Antec P180B. | Windows Vista Home Premium | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell Ultrasharp 22" Flatscreen Monitor

Macbook Pro 15" Unibody. 2GB Ram 250GB HDD Leopard
Old 03-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
You wanted me to appear, well here I am, thanks to all of you who said some kind things, some touched with doubts, every minute I am here, I have the interest of CF foremost in my mind, I nab the baddies as fast as I can, strongly defend members being harassed, I thoroughly enjoy the job & have done so for two years, now I'm being hounded nearly every minute because of technicalities, I haven't done dastardly deeds, just double posted, edited instead of quoting & quoted instead of editing, I am making an effort now, & you should see an improvement, hey, I sound like a naughty boy, & it's not nice, in the real world I held down some seriously difficult jobs for years with no complaints, yeah if I filled in some forms incorrectly, [& there were plenty of them] I didn't get a tongue-lashing for it, they were just left on my desk with a note saying please do these again, not "what's up with you Brookfield??, you've interfered with my post!"
I am making an effort, you don't know how embarrassing all this has been to me, I've seriously thought of leaving, but pulled up just short of the brink, & slept on it, & in the morning, remembering all the good friends I've made, & said sod it, shake yourself out of it mate, go back & do what you do best, & alter your ways with flipping quotes & edits, if that's what is wanted of me, so I'm afraid you're stuck with me!!

Maurice
great post. its just like the song "i get knocked down but i get up again"
Old 03-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #19
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anubis1980 Send a message via Yahoo to Anubis1980

lmao awwwww man we're stuck with him!!!!! hee hee JOKE.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield

Maurice
You make it sound like everyone is against you and were not. Were just pointing something out that your doing wrong, as im sure a good mod like yourself would do to us. Ive always classed you as one of the best mods here, and 9 out of 10 posts that i report for spam etc are dealt with by you, and thats something to be proud of man, dont take this personally as its not intended that way.

Closed Thread