Broken Freezer - DIY project

I've done that before and it's NOT as easy as they make it seem. It's a pain, good luck.

Trust me I know. The old seal was on so long even after I took off the screws it didn't come off. Then parts of it seemed like it was crumbling a little, further making it difficult to take it off.

As for the fitting the new seal it took me the better half of the afternoon. Definitely not as easy as it was made to seem, (just take off old seam put new one on), but most certainly doable by anyone with enough time.

unless there was some device inside to lower the air pressure, how exactly is that rubber seal forming a vacuum seal?

it's a magnet that keeps the door shut.

if you don't believe it, just put something that's light weight and metal on the door seal, (like a single staple).

the door is held tightly shut by way of the fact that there is a lot of this low power magnet.

Trust me I know. The old seal was on so long even after I took off the screws it didn't come off. Then parts of it seemed like it was crumbling a little, further making it difficult to take it off.

As for the fitting the new seal it took me the better half of the afternoon. Definitely not as easy as it was made to seem, (just take off old seam put new one on), but most certainly doable by anyone with enough time.
Your pic shows a wooden chest type his is a metal upright, it seems that my idea of a worn out rubber seal is the most feasible as a post here shows.

Back
Top Bottom