Brain teaser

David Lindon said:
Ah I get it, had me puzzled there for a few minutes there.

Not to hijack this thread, but can anyone remember the solution to the 3 gallon and 5 gallon jugs trying to make 4 gallons?

yeah u fill up the 3 gallon jug and pour it into the 5 gallon jug. then you fill up the 3 gallon jug again and pour it into the 5 gallon jug to have 1 gallon left in the 3 gallon jug. then you empty the 5 gallon jug and put the 1 gallon into the 5 gallon jug. then you fill up the 3 gallon jug and add that to the 1 gallon in the 5 gallon jug to get 4 gallons.

very confusing

Bahawolf said:
This was definitely a brain teaser for some, but for me, I honestly noticed it almost immediately.

I noticed it right away too. But i was confused what the problem actually was. I must not have read the last part of it very well.

Copperhead said:
yeah u fill up the 3 gallon jug and pour it into the 5 gallon jug. then you fill up the 3 gallon jug again and pour it into the 5 gallon jug to have 1 gallon left in the 3 gallon jug. then you empty the 5 gallon jug and put the 1 gallon into the 5 gallon jug. then you fill up the 3 gallon jug and add that to the 1 gallon in the 5 gallon jug to get 4 gallons.

very confusing
theres another jug brain teaser
You've got a 4 liter jug and a 9 liter jug.
You've got a pool of water.
you need to measure out exactly 6 liters

Haha, I spent a couple minutes on this cuz i'm not familiar with european currenecy... then again that could just be an excuse for my stupidity.

kchi55 said:
Haha, I spent a couple minutes on this cuz i'm not familiar with european currenecy... then again that could just be an excuse for my stupidity.
Ha ha thats a poor excuse, numbers are numbers whatever currency lol.

i heard these questions on a program called scratch and sniffs den of doom when i was at work. ive asked a lot people them and only a few have had the correct answer. it might be more easier when they are written on paper and you can have as longer to think about them but when you just ask someone about them they usually get it wrong

1. If you are in a race and you over take someone in second position what place are you now in?

2. Bills mum has 3 kids the first is called may, the second is june, what is the third one called?

the amount of adults that have got these wrong but yet it was on a kids program!

Fisher said:
i heard these questions on a program called scratch and sniffs den of doom when i was at work. ive asked a lot people them and only a few have had the correct answer. it might be more easier when they are written on paper and you can have as longer to think about them but when you just ask someone about them they usually get it wrong

1. If you are in a race and you over take someone in second position what place are you now in?

2. Bills mum has 3 kids the first is called may, the second is june, what is the third one called?

the amount of adults that have got these wrong but yet it was on a kids program!

1. Second position

2. Bill

muz379 said:
theres another jug brain teaser
You've got a 4 liter jug and a 9 liter jug.
You've got a pool of water.
you need to measure out exactly 6 liters
So whats the answer to this?

Back
Top Bottom