Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #11
In Runtime
 
Copperhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 454
Send a message via AIM to Copperhead
Default Re: Brain teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon
Ah I get it, had me puzzled there for a few minutes there.

Not to hijack this thread, but can anyone remember the solution to the 3 gallon and 5 gallon jugs trying to make 4 gallons?
yeah u fill up the 3 gallon jug and pour it into the 5 gallon jug. then you fill up the 3 gallon jug again and pour it into the 5 gallon jug to have 1 gallon left in the 3 gallon jug. then you empty the 5 gallon jug and put the 1 gallon into the 5 gallon jug. then you fill up the 3 gallon jug and add that to the 1 gallon in the 5 gallon jug to get 4 gallons.


very confusing
__________________

__________________
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (AM2)---ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe (Skt. AM2)---Corsair XMS - DDR2 2GB (5-5-5-15)
HDD's: 80GB & 250GB---GPU: BFG Geforce 7300GS (No Gaming)
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #12
Daemon Poster
 
Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 946
Default Re: Brain teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahawolf
This was definitely a brain teaser for some, but for me, I honestly noticed it almost immediately.
I noticed it right away too. But i was confused what the problem actually was. I must not have read the last part of it very well.
__________________

__________________
| Intel Pentium D 820 2.80GHz(Smithfield) | EVGA 780i | EVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 |4GB Corsair 800 | WDCaviar 250GB | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro(w/ arctic silver 5) | Ultra 500w X-Finity Power Supply w/ 120mm Fan | Antec P180B. | Windows Vista Home Premium | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell Ultrasharp 22" Flatscreen Monitor

Macbook Pro 15" Unibody. 2GB Ram 250GB HDD Leopard
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:23 AM   #13
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Brain teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
yeah u fill up the 3 gallon jug and pour it into the 5 gallon jug. then you fill up the 3 gallon jug again and pour it into the 5 gallon jug to have 1 gallon left in the 3 gallon jug. then you empty the 5 gallon jug and put the 1 gallon into the 5 gallon jug. then you fill up the 3 gallon jug and add that to the 1 gallon in the 5 gallon jug to get 4 gallons.


very confusing
theres another jug brain teaser
You've got a 4 liter jug and a 9 liter jug.
You've got a pool of water.
you need to measure out exactly 6 liters
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,276
Default Re: Brain teaser

Haha, I spent a couple minutes on this cuz i'm not familiar with european currenecy... then again that could just be an excuse for my stupidity.
__________________
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #15
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Brain teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchi55
Haha, I spent a couple minutes on this cuz i'm not familiar with european currenecy... then again that could just be an excuse for my stupidity.
Ha ha thats a poor excuse, numbers are numbers whatever currency lol.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #16
Golden Master
 
joxley1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,846
Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990
Default Re: Brain teaser

After reading all the posts concluding to it, I'm still confused.
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #17
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Brain teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxley1990
After reading all the posts concluding to it, I'm still confused.
Post #7 explains it
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,581
Default Re: Brain teaser

i heard these questions on a program called scratch and sniffs den of doom when i was at work. ive asked a lot people them and only a few have had the correct answer. it might be more easier when they are written on paper and you can have as longer to think about them but when you just ask someone about them they usually get it wrong

1. If you are in a race and you over take someone in second position what place are you now in?

2. Bills mum has 3 kids the first is called may, the second is june, what is the third one called?

the amount of adults that have got these wrong but yet it was on a kids program!
__________________
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #19
Golden Master
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,463
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: Brain teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher
i heard these questions on a program called scratch and sniffs den of doom when i was at work. ive asked a lot people them and only a few have had the correct answer. it might be more easier when they are written on paper and you can have as longer to think about them but when you just ask someone about them they usually get it wrong

1. If you are in a race and you over take someone in second position what place are you now in?

2. Bills mum has 3 kids the first is called may, the second is june, what is the third one called?

the amount of adults that have got these wrong but yet it was on a kids program!
1. Second position

2. Bill
__________________
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #20
Golden Master
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,463
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: Brain teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz379
theres another jug brain teaser
You've got a 4 liter jug and a 9 liter jug.
You've got a pool of water.
you need to measure out exactly 6 liters
So whats the answer to this?
__________________

__________________
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0