Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Golden Master

Default Boston Bomb Explosions

So I woke up this monring and watching the news to hear the bombs going off in Boston, Live Updates on Explosions at the Boston Marathon - NYTimes.com, http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...on.html?ref=us and http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us...pagewanted=all.

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Boston Bomb Explosions

Very sad news

Always good to keep this in mind.

Legodude522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Golden Master

Does anyone think this could be related to North Korea's bomb threats.

Also is anyone here near the area.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

There's no way this is related to the NK threats. This is too terrorism and NK would do something that screams more of a military action.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #5
Omnicide now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
There's no way this is related to the NK threats. This is too terrorism and NK would do something that screams more of a military action.

This incident definitely isn't NK. However, I wouldn't put it past NK really. They don't have an effective delivery system for their warheads (assuming they have them) especially now that the US and Japan have set up missile defenses all around them. So if they really wanted to bomb us, the most effective way would be to smuggle the bomb in somehow, place it in a location where it would cause a lot of damage, and then detonate it remotely. This way definitely has a pretty good risk of getting stopped, but it seems like it would be more likely to work than a missile strike, which will almost surely be disabled. But anyway, it'll be obvious if it's NK. They won't risk war just so they can kill a few dozen people. I'd expect them not to even attempt anything unless the death toll is in the thousands or higher. It would need to surpass anything america has seen in the past, since their goal is to show North Korea's supremacy over all other nations. Or at least, that's my thinking on the matter.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

One eight-year-old dead.
dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #7
MMM
Daemon Poster

Terrorism is part of our lives these days unfortunately, my heart goes out to the victims & familys.
The Us government will respond accordingly in their persuit of justice.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #8
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Terrorism is part of our lives these days unfortunately, my heart goes out to the victims & familys.
The Us government will respond accordingly in their persuit of justice.
This has been such a tragic year, First the sand hook shootings, then bombing in Pakistan, then Hyderabad blasts. Wikipedia has already created a page about it 2013 Boston Marathon bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

Patton Oswalt's post from Facebook

Boston. F***ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
Wizard of Wires

It could be some one with a grudge against the race or maybe a group using the media coverage of the race to make a statement.
However you dissect this even it's sad to note that our fragile peace once again has been destroyed.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote