A+ Book of Choice

SecureMe

Baseband Member
Working on A+, i am using the book Comptia A+: guide to managing & maintaining you PC sixth edition my jean andrews. Just wondering if anyone has used this book, or recommends a different book. I would assume most books cover the same areas..but maybe one is a little more detailed than another. Any info or suggestions is appreciated, thanks

Honestly, the best books IMO is ANY practice exam book that has the answers and an explanation why the answer is the answer is best. That way, you are killing two birds with one stone, studying and practicing.

Mike Myers All In One is a good book.

The problem with doing what celegorm suggests is that you will soon just memorise all the test questions on the test software and then you will give yourself a false sense of security.

In my opinion you should only use the test exams when you feel that you have learnt all the topics. This will give you a true reflection of your progress. It will also show your weak areas and then you can concentrate on them.

Test exams are just a tool to help you pass, they cant replace the book though.:)

Mike Myers All In One is a good book.

I agree, I have his Network+ book and he describes things well. I don't have his A+ book so I don't know if it is as good as his Network+.

Test exams are just a tool to help you pass, they cant replace the book though.:)

The practice exams are very helpful to me. It allows me to test my knowledge and sometimes gives me an idea on the layout of the test.

As far as the actual A+ test, expect 100 multiple choice questions, some single answer, some multiple answer within a 90 minute limit (for the Essentials). you have three tracks from there which you need another exam, which is 90 questions in 90 minutes, similar format, which designates your track. (IT Tech, Remote Tech, or Depot Tech)

thanks for the input guys, ill look into Mike meyers Books. As far as practice tests ive been using the free ones online...passitnow.com is the site that ive been using so..

Would anyone have any recommendations for where you can find good exam questions? I have gone through the book and about 350 questions my instructor gave to me, and I felt confident going into the exam, but taking test, they had some of the same questions, but also quite a few that threw me for a loop. I'm not sure if I should keep taking practice exams or just try a memorize the whole dang book?!

Would anyone have any recommendations for where you can find good exam questions? I have gone through the book and about 350 questions my instructor gave to me, and I felt confident going into the exam, but taking test, they had some of the same questions, but also quite a few that threw me for a loop. I'm not sure if I should keep taking practice exams or just try a memorize the whole dang book?!

4tests.com

passitnow.com

certification.about.com

Back
Top Bottom