Blu-Ray Wins!

Yeah, I knew from the start Blu-Ray would succeed. It just offers more growth than HD-DVD would.

i think blueray will only be around for a little bit tho
i see download content like io service becoming standard
for example i see game consoles with 500G hard drives where you buy and download a game
then i see people wanting to buy a movie so they go on there cable box click buy it and it downloads to there cable box

It was pretty much over when Warner Bros went exclusive a month ago. Its nice to see they finally threw in the towel!

I see Blu Ray with a 5-7 year lifespan. You can already download and buy games for the PS3 and i'm guessing the 360.

500GB hard drives are small for next gen though. A HD movie easily takes up 30-50GB on a hard drive.

I don't see downloading full HD movies really mainstream until the following happens.

1. Cable/Sat boxes have integrated Blu Ray burners so you can export the movie off your hard drive.
2. Hi speed internet coverage becomes better for faster downloads. Standard speeds are going up everywhere but they need to get the country better wired up for Hi speed downloading. IE I think a standard connection should be 15Mbps down before they even think about downloading/streaming full HD movies.
3. 2.5-3.0TB drives become standard. Nobody wants a 500GB drive that can only hold 10-15 full HD movies before they have to delete and download new ones.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't spend the extra money to get a hd-dvd drive on my laptop when I have a blu-ray drive on the ps3!

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;759857 said:
It was pretty much over when Warner Bros went exclusive a month ago. Its nice to see they finally threw in the towel!

I see Blu Ray with a 5-7 year lifespan. You can already download and buy games for the PS3 and i'm guessing the 360.

500GB hard drives are small for next gen though. A HD movie easily takes up 30-50GB on a hard drive.

I don't see downloading full HD movies really mainstream until the following happens.

1. Cable/Sat boxes have integrated Blu Ray burners so you can export the movie off your hard drive.
2. Hi speed internet coverage becomes better for faster downloads. Standard speeds are going up everywhere but they need to get the country better wired up for Hi speed downloading. IE I think a standard connection should be 15Mbps down before they even think about downloading/streaming full HD movies.
3. 2.5-3.0TB drives become standard. Nobody wants a 500GB drive that can only hold 10-15 full HD movies before they have to delete and download new ones.

Agreed. That's still going to take a while. What about the holographic DVDs that hold 1,6tb?

the battle was lost when warner brothers joined the might of sony with pushing it through

Back
Top Bottom