Blackberry "Storm"

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
So I have a blackberry storm (the first version). I was using the timer on it the other day to keep track of the time while I was watering my new landscape around my house. The sky got all dark and threatning so I quickly packed up the hoses i was using and came inside. (The fact that it rained after i did all my watering is another story). So I'm sitting instead and it starts raining and thundering and lightning. No big deal. I go to bed that night and it rains/storms some more. I wake up in the morning and and getting ready to go to work and I can't find my phone. Then I remembered and I go outside and there it is, laying on my patio table in a puddle of water. So I'm thinking great. I try to turn it on...nothing. So I put it in a bowl of rice (don't know if that had anything to do with it or not) but I got home and it turned on, but the battery was a 0% and it shuts right back off. So now I'm thinking, ok there's a little hope left that it might work. So i go and plug it in. Leave it in overnight charging. Wake up and it won't turn on again. So I give it another rice bath for a few hours and then it turns on again but still it's a 0% charge and turns right back off. Ok. So now I'm thinking a new battery is better than a new phone. So I put it back on the charger and turn it on again and it comes on and stays on! Now I'm thinking there might be hope. It charges up to about 30% so I take it off the charger and it seems to be working......until I try to use the touch screen. It won't click and since that is the design of the whole phone, it's pretty much worthless. So all my hope is gone. I plug it back in anyway and let it fully charge. 10 minutes ago I just took it off the charger and IT WORKS! It is working fully functional. The 'back' button is kind of funny that i have to hold it down and hit it a few times sometimes to get it to work but it does work. The touchscreen works but you can see the water stains on it (though they don't interfere with actually seeing anything on the screen). So I don't know how long it will continue to work but we'll see. I'll keep you updated if it quites working.

Yikes.. My girlfriend put a capri-sun in her purse for her niece and it somehow busted open and left a pool of juice for her cell phone to sit in.. It didn't work until 3 days later and it definitely took permanent damage... Her screen flickers every so often and you can see where the juice got into the screen but it's still functional..

Hopefully yours stays functional!

I'd remove the battery ou and leave the cover off, and leave it overnight in a well ventilated area....letting the thing to dry off. You're lucky it still works.

So I have a blackberry storm (the first version). I was using the timer on it the other day to keep track of the time while I was watering my new landscape around my house. The sky got all dark and threatning so I quickly packed up the hoses i was using and came inside. (The fact that it rained after i did all my watering is another story). So I'm sitting instead and it starts raining and thundering and lightning. No big deal. I go to bed that night and it rains/storms some more. I wake up in the morning and and getting ready to go to work and I can't find my phone. Then I remembered and I go outside and there it is, laying on my patio table in a puddle of water. So I'm thinking great. I try to turn it on...nothing. So I put it in a bowl of rice (don't know if that had anything to do with it or not) but I got home and it turned on, but the battery was a 0% and it shuts right back off. So now I'm thinking, ok there's a little hope left that it might work. So i go and plug it in. Leave it in overnight charging. Wake up and it won't turn on again. So I give it another rice bath for a few hours and then it turns on again but still it's a 0% charge and turns right back off. Ok. So now I'm thinking a new battery is better than a new phone. So I put it back on the charger and turn it on again and it comes on and stays on! Now I'm thinking there might be hope. It charges up to about 30% so I take it off the charger and it seems to be working......until I try to use the touch screen. It won't click and since that is the design of the whole phone, it's pretty much worthless. So all my hope is gone. I plug it back in anyway and let it fully charge. 10 minutes ago I just took it off the charger and IT WORKS! It is working fully functional. The 'back' button is kind of funny that i have to hold it down and hit it a few times sometimes to get it to work but it does work. The touchscreen works but you can see the water stains on it (though they don't interfere with actually seeing anything on the screen). So I don't know how long it will continue to work but we'll see. I'll keep you updated if it quites working.
The first rule is to never try to turn it on until it's completely dry, a few days at least. You're lucky the whole phone didn't short out when you turned it on.

-----UPDATE-----
It is still working. I had it back up and going a day after it happened. I put the phone and the battery (with the battery out of the phone) into a bowl of rice and buried it. Everything seems to be working good. Only visible damage is the screen has "watermarks" when it's on a mostly white (or light color) background.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1032158 said:
Use it as target practice! Those Blackberry storms are one of the worst phones ever made.
Why do you say that? I love it.

Using rice is just a temporary fix your phone will probly die soon you should probly get a new 1 or replace it

Back
Top Bottom