Black Friday Deals

I get it haha. I just wasn't sure if a quid was distinct from a pound or not. Kinda like how we say bucks instead of dollars. But yes with pences equaling pennies and 100 pence to a pound it makes perfect senses. Better than the days of the pound, shilling, and pence or before that when they had the guinea and others.

I get it haha. I just wasn't sure if a quid was distinct from a pound or not. Kinda like how we say bucks instead of dollars. But yes with pences equaling pennies and 100 pence to a pound it makes perfect senses. Better than the days of the pound, shilling, and pence or before that when they had the guinea and others.
A ha'penny was a half penny...

But when people talk pounds shillings and pence, including guineas crowns and farthings, well it's just crazy...

Then now we write 5p when something is five pence, then they used to write 5d... Is it any wonder that standards of education (reading levels etc have gone up! Imagine how long they used to need to spend just learning money...

Now it's easy...
We don't have fluid ounces, pints and gallons.
We have 1 litre. A centilitre is 1/100th of that.
A millilitre is 1/1000 of that.
Of course we can apply micro nano and pico to get even less and kilo etc to increment by thousands.

No more thous, 32nds, 16thd, 8ths 1/4rs halfs inches, feet yards, furlongs miles wtc,
Just meters, with centimetre for 1/100 multimeter for 1/1000 kilometre for 1000 and do on.

yay for metric distance volume and currency.

We were doing fine with our standards before y'all shoved metrics down our throats. :lol:

But yeah, metrics makes more sense but try to divide a pie with it.

I thought 0.01 Pound Sterling was called Pee not Pence!

Anyways, we don't have Black Fridays here :ermm:

We have half of it; Fridays only :D

Back
Top Bottom