Bit of trouble..

yo bob...

A stint in the AIR FORCE is not like a regular job. You don't come and go as you please and you have to follow their rules or it gets real unpleasent. As for on base housing if married it works that senior noncom ranks have first choice. They'll most likely subsidize your off base housing. Don't ever be late getting to muster or you may wind up cleaning the head, with a toothbrush. But you can have your resume look real good if it has 2 or 4 or 6 years on it as an air police sargent or such. A lot of police departments look at exmilitary police as a BIG plus when hiring. You have half the traing in the bag when you get out.
An check on the GI bill, it's gone through some major changes.

Re: yo bob...

setishock said:
A stint in the AIR FORCE is not like a regular job. You don't come and go as you please and you have to follow their rules or it gets real unpleasent. As for on base housing if married it works that senior noncom ranks have first choice. They'll most likely subsidize your off base housing. Don't ever be late getting to muster or you may wind up cleaning the head, with a toothbrush. But you can have your resume look real good if it has 2 or 4 or 6 years on it as an air police sargent or such. A lot of police departments look at exmilitary police as a BIG plus when hiring. You have half the traing in the bag when you get out.
An check on the GI bill, it's gone through some major changes.

I'll find this all out when I talk to the recruiter and all. This is just a last resort still :)

BobTheLOL said:
I was thinking of joining so I would have money when I come out of the Air
Force I can go to college yes this true my dad is paying for it but still I need a job and finding a job around here is a pain in the ass due to many mexicans living in the area.

Also, I need 2 years of college to become a cop but if I join the air force there is 4 years of school/training then I am off to become a cop. I told my girl friend I love her tons and hope maybe one day we could marry but if I leave for 4 years I don't want to make her wait for me.

So, how does it exactly work in the field and base wise? I would love her to come live with me while I was in the air force. But she has another year of HS then college..

OH WOW..! Thats just awesome!
Aww thats so sweet tho bob, marrying is PRETTY SERIOUS! :eek:, go you!
Well if you want something bad anof i say, go for it, what ever makes you happy...

OW a cop?! :eek: ..aw thats my dream DREAM job.. :(
It's a VERY hard job on you, as V
AmericanSensei said:
Bob, Nervousness is fine, but have faith in yourself, I have faith in you. You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to. Physically, Mentally, YOU control the limits Bob, and the skys the limit.

has said..
But being a cop is hard(very) on you mentally too, very much so just becareful, coz you just as hard on you physically than it is on your emotional and metal side, it all takes a toll on you
Good luck tho with what ever your decision, you well do GREAT! :D

I'm aiming for the air force. Though to me it's not a last resort like it is to Bob, to me it's something that I have always wanted to do. And if I don't make it to the AF then I'll prolly go to our special forces. Always had a thing for the army, and I don't want an office job, though I like computers there is no way that u can make me sit 8 years in an office.
(and that 8 years is really 8 years, like with no sleep :D, about 30 years of working and 8h a day so it's 33% of those 30 years and that is 10 years. 2 years taken away because of weekends and vacations)

daemon said:
I'm aiming for the air force. Though to me it's not a last resort like it is to Bob, to me it's something that I have always wanted to do. And if I don't make it to the AF then I'll prolly go to our special forces. Always had a thing for the army, and I don't want an office job, though I like computers there is no way that u can make me sit 8 years in an office.
(and that 8 years is really 8 years, like with no sleep :D, about 30 years of working and 8h a day so it's 33% of those 30 years and that is 10 years. 2 years taken away because of weekends and vacations)

Well it is a last resort for me because I am not wanting to join the Army and get shipped to Iraq and killed by some towl head with C4 strapped around his body.

My girl friend and I almost broke up fighting about this whole situations, fights suck but we are happy again and she even said fights our healthy in a relationship

Relationships need fights, they're the best way to sort things out that just won't get sorted out any other way. :p

I can see why you would not want to go out to Iraq though... but I don't know... maybe... I suppose. It depends what dependencies you have at home.

Back
Top Bottom