Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to BobTheLOL
Default Bit of trouble..

I was planning on joining the Air Force but then decided I would give college a try and finding working is becoming a pain in the ass but of course my dad is helping me out and I am thinking of now joining the Air Force after my first semester of college..

But, I really don't want to loose my girl friend if I have to leave for 4 years and all.. How does it exactly work marriage wise and stuff if you want to marry while in the air force?

BobTheLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #2
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Depends where your Girlfriend Lives :P If she came to live with you wherever you were posted, it would probably be like any other armed forces position. A few months perhaps, tops, out in the field, the rest on base. Shouldn't bother any relationship?

Old 08-08-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to mr.monger Send a message via Yahoo to mr.monger
Default Re: Bit of trouble..

why would you join teh air force if you can go to colege instead?
mr.monger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:50 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Maybe because he wants to serve his country and be patriotic. I certainly hope he isn't joining because he's under the influence of George W. "The Idiot" Bush...
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Kalgatha Send a message via Yahoo to Kalgatha

well...thats his descision, dunno how to spell it but you get the point, n e way...i dunno how it will work but your plannen on marryen her?? GO BOB GOO!!! lol or is that just a thought?
Kalgatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:28 PM   #6
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Maybe because he wants to serve his country and be patriotic. I certainly hope he isn't joining because he's under the influence of George W. "The Idiot" Bush...

I was thinking of joining so I would have money when I come out of the Air
Force I can go to college yes this true my dad is paying for it but still I need a job and finding a job around here is a pain in the ass due to many mexicans living in the area.

Also, I need 2 years of college to become a cop but if I join the air force there is 4 years of school/training then I am off to become a cop. I told my girl friend I love her tons and hope maybe one day we could marry but if I leave for 4 years I don't want to make her wait for me.

So, how does it exactly work in the field and base wise? I would love her to come live with me while I was in the air force. But she has another year of HS then college..
Old 08-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #7
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Hmmm... I don't know anything about whatever course you'd have to start off on... so don't quote me! But I've always thought you worked, at the Air Force, on a base :P Then your base gets called up, and you get sent into the field whenever America Calls.

I can't seriously imagine you having to spend 4 years somewhere where nobody can get to you, even on training. You'll be sent to a base to learn there. You'll live somewhere around the Base :P With whoever you want.

If she gets out of High School in a year, a year apart with the Internet and visits everytime you get the chance shouldn't be too bad... certainly better than four years apart?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:59 PM   #8
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Hmmm... I don't know anything about whatever course you'd have to start off on... so don't quote me! But I've always thought you worked, at the Air Force, on a base :P Then your base gets called up, and you get sent into the field whenever America Calls.

I can't seriously imagine you having to spend 4 years somewhere where nobody can get to you, even on training. You'll be sent to a base to learn there. You'll live somewhere around the Base :P With whoever you want.

If she gets out of High School in a year, a year apart with the Internet and visits everytime you get the chance shouldn't be too bad... certainly better than four years apart?
Yea, she and I need to sit down and have a talk. I'll ask the recruiter as well if it falls down to this I'll ask him then. Because, if I am unable to find a suitable job around here after my first semester of college the air force will be my option. All depends if Ido not find a great job during my first semester.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:02 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheLOL
Also, I need 2 years of college to become a cop but if I join the air force there is 4 years of school/training then I am off to become a cop.
Bob, Where do you live? I'm going through the stages now to become a LEO for the LAPD. I'm not too sure where your located, or what your departments Requirements are, but I can tell you how they are down here. If you want to join a smaller department, for me lets say LBPD, then yes, College, Military background will definately be needed to make myself stand out over applicants, because they are much stricter on their selection, but I'm going for the largest and most dangerous department in the state of California, LAPD, now here, the college, the military background, isn't really needed at all, because of the size of the department, all they ask is that you have a clean background history. Of course all that stuff won't hurt you. I can say that I'm glad I didn't go the route of the Military, especially with all the crap thats going on now. I had friends, family, and some people who didn't know what the heck they were talking about, and kept pushing me for the military, I'm glad I had the smarts to not believe a word they said.

Now I'm not saying its like this for you, or telling you the college is going to be a waste of time along with the military, these two things will only HELP you. When they look at your App and see the college, and MB, they will definately consider you over other applicants, depending on the size of the departments and they're Requirements.

Becoming a cop is a LONG process, but you'll make it if you put your mind to it.

Theres a 6 step selection process and I'm now going onto Step 2, which is the interview.
AmericanSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:05 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Kalgatha Send a message via Yahoo to Kalgatha

....so .... shes still in High school...so im guessing the reason your not asking her to marry you right now is cuz shes still in HS and .... prolly under 18 right? and you are 18 making it illegal or having to have parents permission right? is that why you have to wait?...i know i can be a little nosy sometimes...but owell.

Kalgatha is offline   Reply With Quote