Bio Processor?

neochivers said:
do our brains do 100000000000000 (exact number, not radom :D) cycles a second?
Its a different principle to cpus, each brain cell does one operation (cycle) and the brain has 1 billion of them, so its like having 1 billion 1 hz processors. Also, human brains do not work on binary, they have 5 different chemicals to signal with so you could say its 0 to 4 binary instead of 0 and 1 which means they could do more than one operation as a cpu would and handle more complex operations so you could say
5 billion HRz

Also, someone researched that the brain can not miss a cycle (like system idea process in task manager) so the brain has a similar cycle running in your background (unconcious!) processes

David Lindon said:
Its a different principle to cpus, each brain cell does one operation (cycle) and the brain has 1 billion of them, so its like having 1 billion 1 hz processors. Also, human brains do not work on binary, they have 5 different chemicals to signal with so you could say its 0 to 4 binary instead of 0 and 1 which means they could do more than one operation as a cpu would and handle more complex operations so you could say
5 billion HRz

Also, someone researched that the brain can not miss a cycle (like system idea process in task manager) so the brain has a similar cycle running in your background (unconcious!) processes

You can't say that though, because the total speed is the same. YOu have to measure in FLOPS, period. 70-100 is the human brain, 600Giga FLOPS- 1.8Tera FLOPS are processors. But processors can't compute complex instances such as emotions.

Brains are so much more complex than CPUs that u can't really try to measure the difference. From what I have heard the human brain is way faster than any CPU ever made. Ofcourse computers can do calculations faster and that kind of stuff, but then again this is just something that I have heard so I can't be sure.

Our brains are much slower, but work in different ways, so you cannot compare them. Chemical/Electrical hybrid vs purely electric diode.

The fact is no one really understands EVERYTHING about how the brains process information, once we do figure out how our brains work immagine the advancements in technology! We already have a plane that can fly using thought commands, Immagine when we start to find a way to program things in our head...But then think of the real life power malicious phreaks would have...

I think that some day we're going to figure out every litle detail about our brains, create things like them but modified without the free will or individuality so they arent alive, and well have like, multi terrabyte computers, and PHz processors, and little plugs in your head so you hear things without speakers and see things without a monitor and think things instead of typing

Back
Top Bottom