Bio Processor?

I heard something like, replacing silicon with brain cells or something

but what you have to ask yourself is do you need anything more than a 3 ghz machine that we have now for a pc and do you need a 1000GHz processor (the speed of your brain) by creating brains as processors

neochivers said:
do our brains do 100000000000000 (exact number, not radom :D) cycles a second?

Not even close. HAAHAH! I wish. The average human brain can process around 70-100flops/sec. Compare that with modern processors ranging from 600Giga Flops (billion flops) up to 1.8Tera Flops (Trillion flops). Human brains are inefficient, but so are processors. Bio or organic processing is pitifully slow, and not an endeavor worth seeking unless to replace damaged braincells with organic transistors (aka processors)

hey i want to go in to reashearch for intel. how do these procesors work (flops?)?

neochivers said:
hey i want to go in to reashearch for intel. how do these procesors work (flops?)?

Oh god.. how do processors work... that is a bit long of an explanation...

I can explain a FLOPS though!
a FLOPS is Floating Point Operations Per Second, which is a measure of how fast a computer is based on calculations per second. A floating point is a number representation consisting of a mantissa, an exponent, and an assumed radix. The number represented is M multiplied by R raised to the power of E (M*R^E) where R is the radix or base of the number system. (For example, 10 is the radix of the decimal system.)

Umm... no.... binary is the language processors compute things in. A floating point operand is like.... 4%3 where the answer is a floating point answer decimal, which is then converted into bits (binary)

Back
Top Bottom