Bill Gates' Speech on reality.

superman22x

Golden Master
Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about eleven things they did not and will not learn in school.

He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world doesn't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: They called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were: So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room..

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer.

*This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF.

*Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds.

Chances are you'll end up working for one..

I personally like the next generation. There's so few of them that will actually work for a living that many of them (in my experience) simply quit jobs or give up when the going gets tough or they don't get their way. This puts individuals like myself in a better spot with my employer(s). It's really amazing how the generations differ IMO. I can't tell you how many kids come into our technical support chat trying to get us to turn on their internet for free without making payment, and then whine and say how terrible of a service it is just because they can't have it for free. Then you have the those who have our top tier subscription and never use it but love the service anyway. They worked for their money and can spend it on whatever they want, even if that means literally wasting hundreds of dollars on a service they rarely use.

Back to the thread... People like this only put further financial strain upon the parents or themselves thus creating a larger population of those less fortunate. While sad, Darwinism is taking a strange new approach. It's not always the survival of the fittest in today's society, but that type of societal structure is not sustainable. What I mean to say is, with those not producing relying more on those that are, they will simply start to bring down those supporting them if they fail to support themselves. This obviously won't result in death, but it's creating a class of people that live off the system.

I also personally believe that we're heading towards a police state in which the public welfare will be done away with. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but that's the future I see. Without those support structures, the lower class will indeed start to fall apart and fade away. Without the ability to purchase food or basic healthcare (in Capitalist America where Healthcare is free for illegals but not our citizens :S?? ) people will start to die. Man that sounds harsh but that's how I see our upcoming future. The government will be unable to support the growing number of leeches and eventually have to amputate the dead weight.

You also have to take into consideration that there are survivors out there that, no matter what situation they're in or mindset they have, can quickly adapt and overcome. I mean to say that when they get out of school and are submerged into the world they never expected, they'll quickly be able to adapt and make something of themselves, or at least provide. Then you have the rest who just breed...

After a little reading: The text is actually a pared-down version of an op-ed piece that appeared in the San Diego Union-Tribune on September 19, 1996. It was written by Charles J. Sykes, best known as the author of "Dumbing Down Our Kids: Why American Children Feel Good about Themselves, but Can't Read, Write, or Add."

This reminds me of a conversation I had yesterday.
I have a friend who is a manager of a couple of coffee shops... recently one of his employees quit stating.

"The thing about me is, I'm lazy"

the fact is, with that kind of attitude that guy won't make anything of his life, ever.
I do agree with the above, sooner or later, society will have to stop supporting those who refuse to support themselves. (just the trouble is trying to distinguish those who can't from those who won't).

i agree with what he said, society is removing the concequnces of wrong actions - someone else is always to blame

Back
Top Bottom