Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #21
Solid State Member

My wife and I started watching it when we were on a trip to Charleston SC. Since then we've dvred every episode. My wife says I remind her of Sheldon at times.

SENCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #22
Omnicide now.

Default Re: The Big Bang Theory

Guess I'm the only person here who can't stand that show. It just feels like it's trying way too hard, and most of the jokes are too forced to be funny.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #23
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Guess I'm the only person here who can't stand that show. It just feels like it's trying way too hard, and most of the jokes are too forced to be funny.
I agree to a certain extent I think the latest series in particular is running out of ideas and ways to be naturally funny.

The first few series were brilliant as Sheldon didn't understand sarcasm and couldn't relate to a lot of normal ways of life which was quirky and different, then you had your traditional geek humour in there as well.

Now I think we all know Sheldon's character so they are running out of ways to surprise us.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #24
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post
I agree to a certain extent I think the latest series in particular is running out of ideas and ways to be naturally funny.

The first few series were brilliant as Sheldon didn't understand sarcasm and couldn't relate to a lot of normal ways of life which was quirky and different, then you had your traditional geek humour in there as well.

Now I think we all know Sheldon's character so they are running out of ways to surprise us.
I disagree. The latest show, about Valentine's Day, was pretty good and I thought it was funny (and original) regarding what Sheldon and Aimee gave each other as Valentine's gifts. Their gifts were non-traditional (not chocolate, flowers or sappy card) yet very well received by each.

It's true that many shows eventually run out of new story ideas but I don't think it has occurred with this show yet.
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #25
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post

I agree with ssc456 here, They are running out of ideas, They need something new and fresh out of the box.
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

Maybe, but its on its 5th or 6th season? That's a long time in this ADD world we live in now. (And I mean attention deficit disorder by the way).

Plus do you not watch the reruns if u find them on? I still watch Seinfeld reruns when I can.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #27
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post
Plus do you not watch the reruns if u find them on? I still watch Seinfeld reruns when I can.
I see the reruns a lot for this show and others of course..
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #28
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post
Maybe, but its on its 5th or 6th season? That's a long time in this ADD world we live in now. (And I mean attention deficit disorder by the way).

It is on season 6 now. Yes, I watch seinfeld every night.
Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #29
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life View Post

It is on season 6 now. Yes, I watch seinfeld every night.
I don't watch Seinfeld very often, only occasionally. Normal TV in Australia is crap, You get free to air which mean likes a certain amount of channels for free and then there is pay tv like foxtel and austar which is better.

Hey in America go you get like a huge amount of channels cause I always see it on the movies.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #30
Omnicide now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
I don't watch Seinfeld very often, only occasionally. Normal TV in Australia is crap, You get free to air which mean likes a certain amount of channels for free and then there is pay tv like foxtel and austar which is better.

Hey in America go you get like a huge amount of channels cause I always see it on the movies.
It's pretty much the same deal in america. You can get a few channels for free with an antenna. To get more you have to buy a cable or satellite subscription, but all you get then is a ton of crap with so many ads it's not even worth watching usually. I don't think I've watched anything on cable in several months now, even though we have it.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote