The Big Bang Theory

My wife and I started watching it when we were on a trip to Charleston SC. Since then we've dvred every episode. My wife says I remind her of Sheldon at times.

Guess I'm the only person here who can't stand that show. It just feels like it's trying way too hard, and most of the jokes are too forced to be funny.

I agree to a certain extent I think the latest series in particular is running out of ideas and ways to be naturally funny.

The first few series were brilliant as Sheldon didn't understand sarcasm and couldn't relate to a lot of normal ways of life which was quirky and different, then you had your traditional geek humour in there as well.

Now I think we all know Sheldon's character so they are running out of ways to surprise us.

I agree to a certain extent I think the latest series in particular is running out of ideas and ways to be naturally funny.

The first few series were brilliant as Sheldon didn't understand sarcasm and couldn't relate to a lot of normal ways of life which was quirky and different, then you had your traditional geek humour in there as well.

Now I think we all know Sheldon's character so they are running out of ways to surprise us.
I disagree. The latest show, about Valentine's Day, was pretty good and I thought it was funny (and original) regarding what Sheldon and Aimee gave each other as Valentine's gifts. Their gifts were non-traditional (not chocolate, flowers or sappy card) yet very well received by each.

It's true that many shows eventually run out of new story ideas but I don't think it has occurred with this show yet.

Last edited:

I agree with ssc456 here, They are running out of ideas, They need something new and fresh out of the box.

Maybe, but its on its 5th or 6th season? That's a long time in this ADD world we live in now. (And I mean attention deficit disorder by the way).

Plus do you not watch the reruns if u find them on? I still watch Seinfeld reruns when I can.

Maybe, but its on its 5th or 6th season? That's a long time in this ADD world we live in now. (And I mean attention deficit disorder by the way).

Plus do you not watch the reruns if u find them on? I still watch Seinfeld reruns when I can.

It is on season 6 now. Yes, I watch seinfeld every night.

It is on season 6 now. Yes, I watch seinfeld every night.

I don't watch Seinfeld very often, only occasionally. Normal TV in Australia is crap, You get free to air which mean likes a certain amount of channels for free and then there is pay tv like foxtel and austar which is better.

Hey in America go you get like a huge amount of channels cause I always see it on the movies.

I don't watch Seinfeld very often, only occasionally. Normal TV in Australia is crap, You get free to air which mean likes a certain amount of channels for free and then there is pay tv like foxtel and austar which is better.

Hey in America go you get like a huge amount of channels cause I always see it on the movies.

It's pretty much the same deal in america. You can get a few channels for free with an antenna. To get more you have to buy a cable or satellite subscription, but all you get then is a ton of crap with so many ads it's not even worth watching usually. I don't think I've watched anything on cable in several months now, even though we have it.

Back
Top Bottom