Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
Golden Master

Default Best storm movie EVER!!!

Wow, I'm watching "The Perfect Storm" on my THX sound system. This movie rocks!!!! Action packed with a whole lot of drama and suspense. "The Day After Tomorrow" was good too, but it was too far fetched compared to the real elements in this movie. I had no idea there were an Air Force Rescue team. It was sad to see the Coast Guard rescue team in the helicopter go down because of low fuel. Air Force rescue team did all they could, but no go. Couldn't get the fuel coupler to the helictoper.

Than you have those crazy fisherman who tries to go through the massive storm front.

Have you guys ever watch this movie at the theaters or on surround sound? This thing is massive!!!! The sound levels are through the roof. Transformers, eat your heart out.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Best storm movie EVER!!!

I've seen "The Day After Tomorrow" and I thought it was pretty cool, haven't seen "The Perfect Storm" though. And speaking of storm movies, I watched "The Guardian" yesterday...pretty sweet movie

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
Golden Master

It's a good movie with a sad ending. It ranks up there as one of the best I've ever seen. It puts shame to Castaway with Tom Hanks. Not even close.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack

Its an excellent movie and its been around a couple of years, isn't that the one with George Cloony in?. I have it in the house somewhere, bought it a few years ago though.
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
Golden Master

Yes, that's the one. I like movies with a lot of drama and suspense, not only just action. That's what separates the best movies usually.

Now, I'm watching "Remember the Titans" and "Tombstone". Wow, all good movies. Remember the Titans is super good.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:51 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Haven't seen Remember The Titans but Tombstone is an excellent movie with a all star cast, if you into westerns then you should see The Unforgiven(Clint Eastwood)
Old 08-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Golden Master

Have you seen "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"? Wow, I believe that's one of the best Clint Eastwood movies ever. He was young then. Wow, what a movie!!! Tombstone was a good movie. It's funny how Kurt Russel just ditched his wife, lol. Then she died of drug overdose a short time after leaving the train station.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

Yes, its a good film, all three of that trilogy is excellent, a slightly older film of his Firefox is good as well about a super plane have you seen that?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #9
Golden Master

Tombstone is on TNT like right now. It's towards the middle of the movie at this moment with a commercial on. I'm trying to see what's on FX.

D'oh, the movie, "The Day After Tomorrow" is on FX tonight!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:38 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

I remember watching the Perfect Storm a couple years ago, it was a really great movie back then and still is, I remember it getting lots of publicity back when it was still a current film.

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote