Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Cool Best headphones for music/gaming for under $40?

Alrighty, so I gave up on fixing my old pair of KOSS. I need a new headset that has good bass and quality, so I can listen to my music and games without P.O.'ing my parents.

Looked at the Creative Labs Fatal1ty on newegg, but the price jumped $10 to $50 before I got my allowance :/

aPanzerIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Best headphones for music/gaming for under $40?

Amazon.com: iHome iB40B Over-the-Ear Headphones with Volume Control, Black: Electronics

^^ Those headphones have really nice bass, and music sounds incredibly good coming out of them. I've dealt with a few of them my self, my own personal pair and a few friend's, and none of them have had any malfunctions or physical damage. Overall just a really great pair of headphones for only 20 bucks. You might be able to get them for a few bucks cheaper, but I've always had really good experiences with Amazon.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey Blood View Post
Amazon.com: iHome iB40B Over-the-Ear Headphones with Volume Control, Black: Electronics

^^ Those headphones have really nice bass, and music sounds incredibly good coming out of them. I've dealt with a few of them my self, my own personal pair and a few friend's, and none of them have had any malfunctions or physical damage. Overall just a really great pair of headphones for only 20 bucks. You might be able to get them for a few bucks cheaper, but I've always had really good experiences with Amazon.
Thanks, the link was screwy, but I found them with a google search, I'll buy them when my dad gets back. They look WAY better than the P.O.S. tin cans he bought for $2.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Beta Member

What was the ref of your KOSS? I am actually using the U.R 40 model which is quite impressive. I recommend it if you don't use too often. I bought it like 30 euros, it is a realy good price for this product, and the sound is quite accurate.
The only problem is that the strucure around the ear is not robust enough for an intense use.
JakeLaMotta78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLaMotta78 View Post
What was the ref of your KOSS? I am actually using the U.R 40 model which is quite impressive. I recommend it if you don't use too often. I bought it like 30 euros, it is a realy good price for this product, and the sound is quite accurate.
The only problem is that the strucure around the ear is not robust enough for an intense use.
It was some old set of KOSS headsets that i got with my old laptop 2 years ago(both used). I had to constantly repair the wiring inside of the speakers, eventually replacing the cord, and giving up on them.