Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #1
Golden Master

Default Best cellular service provider

Out of these options, who do you feel has the best service and reliability? Personally, I'm using Verizon Wireless right now but seriously thinking about changing over to Cingular. They claim they are #1 in the nation when it comes to fewest dropped calls.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Best cellular service provider

For the east coast US, I think Verizon is the best, simply because of the IN calling. So many people have Verizon that 3/4 of my calls are free. In my area though, Cingular and Verizon both get about the same number of "bars".

Old 12-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Verizon has the best network, but their phone options suck. Cingular is about in the middle with a pretty good network, and decent phone choice. T-Mobile has the worst network (I used to have them), but they have the best phones if you ask me. Never tried Sprint, but I hear their network has gotten way better than before and they do have some pretty neat phones.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
Golden Master

Oh yea, the IN caling is great!!!!! Here's the deal. I have only 450 anytime minutes and unlimited weekend and night minutes. People think I have too little minutes with the amount of time I use my cell phone. Most everyone I know are on the Verizon Wireless network and I'm averaging over 1,000 minutes a month, lol. How funny is that? How do they make money anyways? I think Cingular has the same thing too. I'm still getting some dropped calls every once in awhile. I have a friend that have the Verizon Wireless service too and for some strange reason , we are always getting dropped off from each other. She uses the Razr and I have the VX8300. Sometime she would call me and I never hear my phone go off, but I get the missed call notice. Lol, so wierd. And this occurs at different locations too.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Out of these options, who do you feel has the best service and reliability? Personally, I'm using Verizon Wireless right now but seriously thinking about changing over to Cingular. They claim they are #1 in the nation when it comes to fewest dropped calls.
see i'm thinking about switching over to Verizon because i want a certain phone. but cingular has been good to me until recently.

heres what happened. see my mom and i have 400 minutes a month or something like that and they roll over into the next month so i'm barely on the phone and so is she so by the end of 3 months we almost have 1200 minutes or whatever it is. this makes the phone bill very cheap.

well, she opens the bill one day and sees a bill of 450 dollars!!! she calls them right away and realizes that our account has been frauded. seems like someone in California with the same last name as me (Thomas) bought a razor online and it was charged to my account...so my mom told them to pretty much go f*ck themselves and we were not paying anything because they wanted us to pay the 50 dollar shipping fee from where ever it was being sent from.

but otherwise than that...they're an alright company lol.
Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Well, I personally had horrible service with verizon, but NExtel on the other hand is really nice.
hascet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

Me and my parents are with Verizon. With Cingular, we had customer service hang up on us before, and we couldn't get signal in our house, unlike Verizon. But there are some places that Verizon doesn't get signal where it would be useful.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:30 AM   #8
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Chainer Send a message via MSN to Chainer Send a message via Yahoo to Chainer

Got Sprint. Love it. The network is phenomenal, phones are schweet....and I get a company discount of 25% off my phone bill each month because I work for Dell. Can't get any better than that.
Chainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:38 AM   #9
In Runtime

Verizion is good. Sprint sucked donkey ding-a-ling when I had them I swear to god, I wouldn't get reception on my block. I could walk around my entire block and not get a signal at all. I did hear that they cleaned their service up tho.

I have Cingular now, and have had them for 3 years give or take. I get the best reception in the hospital (lead lined walls mess with your signal). I see a lot of people with sprint phones that lose their signal once they are 15 feet in the building.

Really the only thing sprint has going for them, IMO, is the cool phones.

I do lose service, but only in 2 supermarkets. One I went to in the summer when we had a party at a friends house in Edison and the other is the one near my GF's house. For some reason the combination of all the electrical things and the density of the walls kills signals. Oh, and the pet store in Woodbrideg that she works at sucks too.
Being this damn broke . . . . Priceless!

それ自身による剣規則何も。それは熟練した処理によってしか生き生きして来ない。
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:59 AM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, I heard Sprint's service is a lot better now. T-Mobile still sucks though, I couldn't even get reception at home.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote