Battery Backup with Surge Protector

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

Now that the new Quads (Q9450) & the New 9 series vid cards (9800 x2) are just around the corner I think its time for me to start choosing new parts for my ULTIMATE build. My comp will have the fallowing parts;

1st one of the new 45nm Quads
2nd Nvidia 9 series vid card
3rd 4 G of RAM
4th 2X Raptors in raid 0
5th A powerful PSU maybe 850W (not sure et)

All of this & more, would have to be protected with a surge protector & a battery backup (sometimes power goes off in my room, something to do with the breakers). I also have a 24” Monitor that would be plugged in to the battery & maybe my Dish Box for TV. The reason why I listed all this components is because I want you guys to have an idea what I would need to be battery/surge protected.

I was thinking about something like this http://www.amazon.com/APC-BE650R-Ba...8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1203089210&sr=8-8
It has Full Load Run Time: 4.2 minutes which is more then enough for me, because my power goes off only for like few seconds. I really have no Idea what specs does the Battery Backup/Surge Protector needs to have…Can someone clarify that for me. After looking at everything that will be plugged in 2 it how much Output Power Capacity would I need? And Watts? The one that I listed has 330 Watts, & Output Power Capacity: 550Va/330W also Surge Energy Capacity: 365 Joules. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the main thing I need to be looking at is the Watts correct? 330W seems low to me, would u say 650W would be perfect? I guess I can spend about $150 on it. If someone can provide me with links that would be nice.

Thank you

The one in the amazon link is only 390 watts, which is still quite a bit lower than I'd want to go for your rig. Look at something 500W or higher.

Back
Top Bottom