Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
Question Battery Backup with Surge Protector

Now that the new Quads (Q9450) & the New 9 series vid cards (9800 x2) are just around the corner I think its time for me to start choosing new parts for my ULTIMATE build. My comp will have the fallowing parts;

1st one of the new 45nm Quads
2nd Nvidia 9 series vid card
3rd 4 G of RAM
4th 2X Raptors in raid 0
5th A powerful PSU maybe 850W (not sure et)

All of this & more, would have to be protected with a surge protector & a battery backup (sometimes power goes off in my room, something to do with the breakers). I also have a 24” Monitor that would be plugged in to the battery & maybe my Dish Box for TV. The reason why I listed all this components is because I want you guys to have an idea what I would need to be battery/surge protected.

I was thinking about something like this http://www.amazon.com/APC-BE650R-Bac...3089210&sr=8-8
It has Full Load Run Time: 4.2 minutes which is more then enough for me, because my power goes off only for like few seconds. I really have no Idea what specs does the Battery Backup/Surge Protector needs to have…Can someone clarify that for me. After looking at everything that will be plugged in 2 it how much Output Power Capacity would I need? And Watts? The one that I listed has 330 Watts, & Output Power Capacity: 550Va/330W also Surge Energy Capacity: 365 Joules. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the main thing I need to be looking at is the Watts correct? 330W seems low to me, would u say 650W would be perfect? I guess I can spend about $150 on it. If someone can provide me with links that would be nice.

Thank you

- Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Intel i7 920 @4Ghz 1.35v- Prolimatech HS - Cosmos S Case -
- ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 PSU
- ATI 5870 - G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 1600 - Razer Barracuda™ AC-1
- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Battery Backup with Surge Protector

The one in the amazon link is only 390 watts, which is still quite a bit lower than I'd want to go for your rig. Look at something 500W or higher.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote