Basketball

All right, if you're not playing fouls then you can either knock him off balance and take your shot then or step on his foot right before you go for a jumper. Just make sure that you're pretty good friends with guy or you might end up getting you're ass kicked...

All right, if you're not playing fouls then you can either knock him off balance and take your shot then or step on his foot right before you go for a jumper. Just make sure that you're pretty good friends with guy or you might end up getting you're ass kicked...

i see... TY!

Play a real sport like lacrosse. Then hitting and fouls aren't really much of a problem. :D

Play a real sport like lacrosse. Then hitting and fouls aren't really much of a problem. :D

I'm sorry but in my book the only REAL sport is hockey.
I mean where else do you go on mad slippery ice, try and stand in boots made with a very sharp point that touches the ground.

Take a stick, while wearing a bunch of pads, and gloves, then try to slap a small piece of rubber around?

I didn't even mention the part of trying not to get or arse beat, thrown into the glass, or the fact your suppose to make it into a tiny arse hole at the end. (That as a guy in it...)

As for Basketball.. I used to play a little here and there. Never became good at playing the sport. But I did become quiet good at just shooting. I could kill you in Around the world.

Take a stick, while wearing a bunch of pads, and gloves, then try to slap a small piece of rubber around?

Isn't that what you do in hockey? :confused:

In lacrosse, the pads aren't as thick, most are they just to avoid getting flagged. Take everything you do in hockey but imagine having to run through it all on a bigger field. Just because hockey players fight, doesn't make it the most psychical sport. There is more contact in lacrosse because the ball doesn't move as fast.

Isn't that what you do in hockey? :confused:

In lacrosse, the pads aren't as thick, most are they just to avoid getting flagged. Take everything you do in hockey but imagine having to run through it all on a bigger field. Just because hockey players fight, doesn't make it the most psychical sport. There is more contact in lacrosse because the ball doesn't move as fast.

Yeah I know what you mean. I took up lacrosse for a while a few years back.
I see the point, I mean with the addition of being able to get pretty damn hard in the kidney and all.

Respond to bold: But yeah.. That is the point.. I was stating things they do in hockey.

I had a feeling this was going to turn into a "real" sports debate.

All I have to say is that until you've gone through a wrestling practice, or had to manage your weight and not eat hardly anything for 4 months of the year, I don't want to hear about a "real" sport.

I've been in MMA for quite some time now. I know exactly how you feel. As hard as wrestling practice was in high school, or how hard jiu-jitsu practice is now, nothing has even come close to Lacrosse.

I've never played Lacrossse (only saw it on TV once or twice) but I'm sure with all the running that goes on during games, pratices are crazy. However, just know that for college wrestling teams typically condition during preseason like this: MON - 5 mile run, TUE - 8 mile run, WED - Uphill (or stairs) buddy carries, THUR - 2 hours swimming laps, FRI - Timed 4 Mile run. Plus there is lifting figured into the schedule as well. These are just examples of distances. Most colleges though are similar.

Back
Top Bottom