Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Basketball

All right, if you're not playing fouls then you can either knock him off balance and take your shot then or step on his foot right before you go for a jumper. Just make sure that you're pretty good friends with guy or you might end up getting you're ass kicked...

Old 10-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboucher View Post
All right, if you're not playing fouls then you can either knock him off balance and take your shot then or step on his foot right before you go for a jumper. Just make sure that you're pretty good friends with guy or you might end up getting you're ass kicked...
i see... TY!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Play a real sport like lacrosse. Then hitting and fouls aren't really much of a problem.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Play a real sport like lacrosse. Then hitting and fouls aren't really much of a problem.
I'm sorry but in my book the only REAL sport is hockey.
I mean where else do you go on mad slippery ice, try and stand in boots made with a very sharp point that touches the ground.

Take a stick, while wearing a bunch of pads, and gloves, then try to slap a small piece of rubber around?

I didn't even mention the part of trying not to get or arse beat, thrown into the glass, or the fact your suppose to make it into a tiny arse hole at the end. (That as a guy in it...)

As for Basketball.. I used to play a little here and there. Never became good at playing the sport. But I did become quiet good at just shooting. I could kill you in Around the world.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
Take a stick, while wearing a bunch of pads, and gloves, then try to slap a small piece of rubber around?
Isn't that what you do in hockey?

In lacrosse, the pads aren't as thick, most are they just to avoid getting flagged. Take everything you do in hockey but imagine having to run through it all on a bigger field. Just because hockey players fight, doesn't make it the most psychical sport. There is more contact in lacrosse because the ball doesn't move as fast.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Isn't that what you do in hockey?

In lacrosse, the pads aren't as thick, most are they just to avoid getting flagged. Take everything you do in hockey but imagine having to run through it all on a bigger field. Just because hockey players fight, doesn't make it the most psychical sport. There is more contact in lacrosse because the ball doesn't move as fast.
Yeah I know what you mean. I took up lacrosse for a while a few years back.
I see the point, I mean with the addition of being able to get pretty damn hard in the kidney and all.

Respond to bold: But yeah.. That is the point.. I was stating things they do in hockey.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:34 AM   #17
Fully Optimized

I had a feeling this was going to turn into a "real" sports debate.

All I have to say is that until you've gone through a wrestling practice, or had to manage your weight and not eat hardly anything for 4 months of the year, I don't want to hear about a "real" sport.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

I've been in MMA for quite some time now. I know exactly how you feel. As hard as wrestling practice was in high school, or how hard jiu-jitsu practice is now, nothing has even come close to Lacrosse.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #19
Fully Optimized

I've never played Lacrossse (only saw it on TV once or twice) but I'm sure with all the running that goes on during games, pratices are crazy. However, just know that for college wrestling teams typically condition during preseason like this: MON - 5 mile run, TUE - 8 mile run, WED - Uphill (or stairs) buddy carries, THUR - 2 hours swimming laps, FRI - Timed 4 Mile run. Plus there is lifting figured into the schedule as well. These are just examples of distances. Most colleges though are similar.

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote