Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: Baseball for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzi View Post
Go play. I played for 14 years, gave it up this year because I'm going into racing, as Ron you well know.

Everybody needs something to do.
From your pic, are you going into karting? I've got a relative into that...sad to say he's not that great but he's only like 13 so he's got a ways to go. My dream is to someday race dirt track as a hobby...maybe street stock or something..nothing too expensive...although I'd love to take a lap in a 410 Outlaw Sprint Donny Schatz FTW!
__________________

__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:33 AM   #12
Fully Optimized
 
bullzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: US
Posts: 3,283
Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi
Default Re: Baseball for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
From your pic, are you going into karting? I've got a relative into that...sad to say he's not that great but he's only like 13 so he's got a ways to go. My dream is to someday race dirt track as a hobby...maybe street stock or something..nothing too expensive...although I'd love to take a lap in a 410 Outlaw Sprint Donny Schatz FTW!
Ya, this year is karting only. I've already gotten within .03 of a track record my first time out on old tires and a bad gear ratio, needless to say, I'm quite comfy behind the wheel.

Next year I'll hopefully be moving to stock cars, we'll see. Not sure if it'll be a hobby type asphalt situation or dirt stock racing. My goal is to get a chevy monte carlo. Anyway, next year will either be much faster karts, or full sized cars, still remains to be seen.

Now:


Next year:
__________________

__________________
-Desktop- Dual Monitor, Q8200 2.34Ghz, 8GB, 1TB, XFX 6850, 7 Ultimate
-ASUS UL50- SU7300, 4GB, 500GB, G210M, 7 Home Premium 64, XP Pro
-HP NC6400- Core Duo 1.86Ghz, 2.5GB, 64GB SSD, x1300, XP Pro
bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #13
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: Baseball for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzi View Post
Ya, this year is karting only. I've already gotten within .03 of a track record my first time out on old tires and a bad gear ratio, needless to say, I'm quite comfy behind the wheel.

Next year I'll hopefully be moving to stock cars, we'll see. Not sure if it'll be a hobby type asphalt situation or dirt stock racing. My goal is to get a chevy monte carlo. Anyway, next year will either be much faster karts, or full sized cars, still remains to be seen.
Yeah...my dad used to race hobby stock on dirt at a track about 20 miles from our house...then he injured his back and had to sell everything. Life is PITA.

He had a Cutlass, but Monte's are amazing as well.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and what karting class are you in?
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
bullzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: US
Posts: 3,283
Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi
Default Re: Baseball for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and what karting class are you in?
17, I'll be in adult briggs at KCKA in Liberty, MO. Heavily modified raptors on methanol, it's a blast.
__________________

__________________
-Desktop- Dual Monitor, Q8200 2.34Ghz, 8GB, 1TB, XFX 6850, 7 Ultimate
-ASUS UL50- SU7300, 4GB, 500GB, G210M, 7 Home Premium 64, XP Pro
-HP NC6400- Core Duo 1.86Ghz, 2.5GB, 64GB SSD, x1300, XP Pro
bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0