banning a traditional event??

People calling referring to Christmas Trees as Holiday Trees, saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. The PC world has turned Christmas into a dirty word.

You know, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Christmas is a CHRISTIAN holiday, so how can people celebrate Christmas when they're not Christian is just wrong. Then store commercials sing hallelujah, which really irritates me. People have lost the true meaning and reasoning for Christmas

People calling referring to Christmas Trees as Holiday Trees, saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. The PC world has turned Christmas into a dirty word.

Agreed fully. I don't associate with any religion, but if someone wants to wish me a happy Kwanzaa or Merry Christmas all the power to them and I'll wish it right back. While it's not my belief the fact that they are trying to shed some joy in this evil world we live in should be cherished, not squashed.

So "hallelujah" actually has the letter "j" in it. Cool :)

I don't really know the difference between marines and other fighting forces. But in movies I hear the F word thrown at like any buddy. Over hear this word is extremely rude.

I do however know a video game called Fighting Force :D

The world is going down hell
We have on our passports a picture of the 2000 year old famous magic man. The picture is from an over 1000 year old "picture stone" from Jelling called "Jellingestenene" (btw i live in Jelling. And i got to say they are really boring to look at) The stones are part of danish history.
The state is thinking about removing that image from our passports because of protest. also a few danish are protesting. can you believe that?

here is a picture of our pass port: http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/00573/Pas_573698a.jpg
here is a picture of the stones: http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/00661/Jellingstenene_v_rn_661742a.jpg

I don't really care if it's there and so shouldn't the Muslims. It's just a picture on a paper that we don't use often.
If i move to Iraq i'll not complain about having something muslim related in my new passport. I have nothing against Muslims, so i should not complain about something that is a part of muslim history.

There has also been some protest about our flag. If you turn it 90 degrees the white will form a cross.
It was in the news a year ago that some group of people demanded the danish "Dannebrog" flag to be change..... Are you F***ing kidding me.
it's one of the oldest flags in the world. Some people should really learn to respect others and stop being some self ignorant morons.

It goes for us Danish aswell. A good deal of danish have been protesting about the very first "real" Mosque in Denmark.
It was not build on tax Money. it was all donations from the former ruling emir of Qatar. So what a so many danish complaining about??
It's sickens me.

I know someone who was almost arrested for having the union Jack covering one of the window's. A neighbour had phoned police and they weren't British. But if you have such an issue with a country's flag or even heritage why decide to live there?

As for the OP, that is ridiculous and just proves that firstly there are some governments that have too much power. And second, the UN isn't really keeping an eye on the things that they should be.

I agree that tradition should "keep with the times" but if they go to far with that then it won't really be tradition would it.

Mossiac

I know someone who was almost arrested for having the union Jack covering one of the window's. A neighbour had phoned police and they weren't British. But if you have such an issue with a country's flag or even heritage why decide to live there?

As for the OP, that is ridiculous and just proves that firstly there are some governments that have too much power. And second, the UN isn't really keeping an eye on the things that they should be.

I agree that tradition should "keep with the times" but if they go to far with that then it won't really be tradition would it.

Mossiac

really? the police came and told them to take the flag down and threatened them with arrest?

no thought not.

what you know is a person with an idiot of a neighbour, not someone who was nearly arrested for flying a flag!

Wow, banning a holiday like Christmas sounds crazy to me but that's just me.
Here is the USA that would never happen cause the retail stores are making a killing off of this holiday.

But they hardly spell Merry Christmas as it should be. now days they spell it like Merry X-mas. either way they can't take holidays away from people, people have the right to celebrate what they want.

Back
Top Bottom