Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

The world is going down hell
We have on our passports a picture of the 2000 year old famous magic man. The picture is from an over 1000 year old "picture stone" from Jelling called "Jellingestenene" (btw i live in Jelling. And i got to say they are really boring to look at) The stones are part of danish history.
The state is thinking about removing that image from our passports because of protest. also a few danish are protesting. can you believe that?

here is a picture of our pass port: http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/00573/Pas_573698a.jpg
here is a picture of the stones: http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/006...rn_661742a.jpg

I don't really care if it's there and so shouldn't the Muslims. It's just a picture on a paper that we don't use often.
If i move to Iraq i'll not complain about having something muslim related in my new passport. I have nothing against Muslims, so i should not complain about something that is a part of muslim history.

There has also been some protest about our flag. If you turn it 90 degrees the white will form a cross.
It was in the news a year ago that some group of people demanded the danish "Dannebrog" flag to be change..... Are you F***ing kidding me.
it's one of the oldest flags in the world. Some people should really learn to respect others and stop being some self ignorant morons.

It goes for us Danish aswell. A good deal of danish have been protesting about the very first "real" Mosque in Denmark.
It was not build on tax Money. it was all donations from the former ruling emir of Qatar. So what a so many danish complaining about??
It's sickens me.
__________________

__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 512 + LiteOn LCS-256 - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
MMM
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: !!
Posts: 699
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezeiler99 View Post
hello guys,
i live in the netherlands (as you might know)
and the government (worst ever) wants to ban a traditional event like christmas... its called sinterklaas in the netherlands and every child believes in it. well, as people might know that there are much refugees here. and they see it as a racist event... search google for sinterklaas and you might know why..

what would you do when they banned christmas??

greetings
Joost
We had the same problems here in Australia where they did not want to offend the refugees/immigrants & stop local customs.
This caused a lot of public condemnation as we viewed our traditional values were being attacked.

Common sense has prevailed as people of all cultures should respect each other beliefs.

People should voice their objections to the authorities about being discriminated in their beliefs.
__________________

MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #13
Baseband Member
 
zeezeiler99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: netherlands
Posts: 91
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

well, if read all these reply's i can see that the world isn't so nice as it was.
zeezeiler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
Smart_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 3,232
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

Now that I googled for that event, I kinda understand their view of banning it, but I still don't believe it is valid. I don't see it that offensive. Could be, but just a little to those racially sensitive. Those helpers with the saint just happened to be of a certain ethnicity. As long as they are presented normally, I don't see it offensive. They could also just sensor it in a way it does not annoy anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
The world is going down hell
We have on our passports a picture of the 2000 year old famous magic man. The picture is from an over 1000 year old "picture stone" from Jelling called "Jellingestenene" (btw i live in Jelling. And i got to say they are really boring to look at) The stones are part of danish history.
The state is thinking about removing that image from our passports because of protest. also a few danish are protesting. can you believe that?

I don't really care if it's there and so shouldn't the Muslims. It's just a picture on a paper that we don't use often.
I don't see it offensive at all. Is there something in it that I don't see? Is it because it resembles an Islamic looking figure? Hmm, looks pharaoh to me.

Say, is that Mosque functional?
__________________
My main rig (click here).
Smart_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

It's because it's Jesus. Jesus was hammered into that stone. The muslims don't like seeing Jesus on their passports.

By functional do you mean those big speakers that so loud everyone in that area can here the prayer? (or whatever the voice is about)
In that case No, it's not functional. There is a law in Denmark against it. Unnecessarily continuing noise is illegal. It's funny because we do have bells on our churches that also rings once in a while. but those are not as loud as the Mosques speakers and not continuing for long.
__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 512 + LiteOn LCS-256 - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #16
Baseband Member
 
zeezeiler99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: netherlands
Posts: 91
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
By functional do you mean those big speakers that so loud everyone in that area can here the prayer? (or whatever the voice is about)
In that case No, it's not functional. There is a law in Denmark against it. Unnecessarily continuing noise is illegal. It's funny because we do have bells on our churches that also rings once in a while. but those are not as loud as the Mosques speakers and not continuing for long.
same problem here. they want to ban the party, but there is still the Eid. People with diabetes may therefore feel hurt, then there is also blankenvla (a dessert) and jodenkoeken (jewish cakes). there were also negerzoenen (negrokisses as quick translation) their name got changed to zoenen. so stupid
zeezeiler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #17
BSOD
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 722
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

If they banned christmas here, I would be so happy I wouldn't know what to do.
Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
Smart_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 3,232
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
It's because it's Jesus. Jesus was hammered into that stone. The muslims don't like seeing Jesus on their passports.

By functional do you mean those big speakers that so loud everyone in that area can here the prayer? (or whatever the voice is about)
In that case No, it's not functional. There is a law in Denmark against it. Unnecessarily continuing noise is illegal. It's funny because we do have bells on our churches that also rings once in a while. but those are not as loud as the Mosques speakers and not continuing for long.
I see.

Well, I as Muslim honestly prefer to not have it there for just a simple reason, non of us now even seen Jesus and at that time photographic expertise were never acceptable to give good description. Drawing a picture of him might impose features on him that he never had and I fear that he in person if he knew it he would not like it (just an assumption). That's it. I don't think it is polite to force something on a great figure like Jesus.

It is like having someone draw my face, even thou with good intentions, and I find it not as handsome as I really am

However, I would just request it politely. If it was not accepted, I would just go with the rules with a good heart. The picture was not intended to be offensive in the first place, right? True Muslims would never accept having Jesus having any kind of possible offense no matter how the possibility is low.

But, not liking it because it presents Christianity? Oh no, by all means, this should never bother well educated Muslims. Muslims do believe in Christianity in the first place.

I actually meant if the mosque was open for prayers and services are running. Calling for prayer could (honestly) be really annoying specially around the sickly. Even here some mosques lower the sound to a barely audible level and not close to noisy levels at all so it does not bother the sickly for example.
__________________
My main rig (click here).
Smart_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
Baseband Member
 
zeezeiler99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: netherlands
Posts: 91
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
Well, I as Muslim honestly prefer to not have it there for just a simple reason, non of us now even seen Jesus and at that time photographic expertise were never acceptable to give good description.

oke, i get it. but the stones are so old and i guess its cultural heritage. so i guess thats the reason thats on the passports. its the same way some dutch people look to ''black peter'' he is black, and is in control of a old whit man. but the children dont see it like that, they see it like a good man that gives candy and presents.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
Well, I as Muslim honestly prefer to not have it there.
thats also a good argument of it. i know how you feel. i as christian wouldn't be happy whit a picture of Buddha on my passport (sorry for the people that do believe in it, i don't want to hurt anybody here). so i can understand why people do complain about the stones in Denmark
zeezeiler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,006
Default Re: banning a traditional event??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezeiler99 View Post
i as christian wouldn't be happy whit a picture of Buddha on my passport
I wouldn't care.

but then again I'm not religuous, so I don't need to join in the argument over who has the best imaginary friend.
__________________

__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0