Bandicam, What is it capable of?

alucard10

Baseband Member
Bandicam, What is it capable of?
Is anyone here familiar with it?

I was wondering if it is capable of capturing the screen and audio of a computer,verbatim under any and all circumstances? what I mean by this is dose it only lock on to certain kinds of "streams" like a video game that is synced up with bandicamcan or can it be as simple as hitting record and capturing your computer's full screen and audio? If not ,what screen and audio capture program can?

The reason I ask this is because recently I noticed a lot of youtube videos wont download ,plus ,as of now most of the video I like won't download in 720p anymore.

"Savefrome.net" and the other downloader sites may patch these problems up in the future as they often do , but its got me thinking ,is there a "end all be all" way to copy youtube videos? It's so frustrating when youtube change the codec or flash player or whatever and you cant download the videos you want.

P.S.
Reasons for downloading.
1-Some people may need to download controversial videos before they are banned or censored so that they can archive them or re-upload them on othere platforms.

2-Some people may need to download videos for fair-use reasons.

3-Collecting video for your personal offline use so that you can make backup copies and archives for offline enjoyment or edit the videos as you please.

The user "Celery" said on another thread ("Bummer. I have DVDs full of YouTube videos spanning years. Pisses me off when they stopped it.
They're mostly clips but I have concerts, music videos, and movies.
I'm looking into screen streaming capture.")

[This is what got me thinking about the screen and audio capture concept]

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate all of you and your helpfulness!

In this thred I was hoping the lurn about bandicam and screen capture programs.
I do know there's a similar tread to this one, However in this thread I was wondering more about "Bandicam" and if Bandicam could be used to record youtube in full screen. If anyone knows about Bandicam your input would be appreciated.

P.S.
As an aside. Regarding downloading youtube videos and those interested in the subject,
As of this date I have noticed lots of 720p Youtube videos wont download in 720p anymore. This all started around September,15,2018. I have tested many downloader sites and attempted to download videos that in the past would download in 720p but now they wont. (Like videos I downloaded a week and a half ago in 720p will now only show up on the downloder sites in 360p or lower and I tried multiple downloader sites)

Interestingly.
I have noticed a pattern, It seems "video vlog" style youtube videos that individual youtubers made with their phone camera or web cam will still download in 720p but almost all music videos wont. (It's very bizarre you guys should try it! It has me wondering if it's some intentional countermeasure or just a coincidence?

@AMD_man
"youtube-dl" is something I will look into but I may need to learn how to do command lines first, plus im not confident at this point if even "youtube-dl" can download 720p clones of youtube music videos ,because all of the other downloader site are having trouble with 720p music videos at the moment, it will need to be tested.

Last edited:
Bandicam is freemium software (maybe more like crippleware, I think it adds watermarks and such). You can just test it. As for youtube-dl, I can test it for you and then you can decide if it's worth the trouble learning it or not.

I tried Bandicam about a year ago to record a demo of a software project for a client. It can record what's shown on the screen but also will record all mouse/keyboard actions and ambient noise.

For what you are wanting to do, I personally use a FireFox add-in called Ant-downloader. It works by streaming the content directly and recording the stream to disk.

As I said, I use it with FireFox but it is also available for IE, Chrome and Opera browsers. https://www.ant.com/video-downloader

Last edited:
Yeah there are dozens of ways to download YouTube videos. It all comes down to personal preference.

The only reason I use youtube-dl is because I don't need to install anything, there is no need for a third party to process the video and the incredible amount of flexibility it offers.

There are simpler ways, I imagine not as flexible, but if your needs are simple you'll be better off going for other alternatives. I'll check the video quality anyways and let you know as soon as I can.

The reason I use the Ant downloader is because it works on ALL video streaming sites. It's not specific to YouTube. I rarely ever want to save any YouTube videos.

I think the simple answer is yes, the software would work for saving you tube videos.
But, there is the water mark issue,
The mouse capture issue
The face that it records the stream, not the video, (so it will record any buffering too.)

It's a solution, just not a great one.

Back
Top Bottom