Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-04-2007, 02:45 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default Back to the Future Ride is no more!!!!

Wow, I will miss it big time!!!! Universal Studios Hollywood has announced that today is the last day that the Back to the Future ride will be open to the public. Tomorrow, they will tear it down for the first time to make room for the stupid The Simpsons ride. Pshhhhh. Unbelievable!!!

I've watched all three Back to the Future movies and loved every single one of them. I grew up in the 80's which will make me miss the whole scene even more. I hear of a new movie coming out, perhaps Back to the Future 4 continuation instead of an actual remake. But everything is strictly rumor.

http://www.movieweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13604

Good thing I had a chance to go to Universal Studios this year!!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 02:52 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Back to the Future Ride is no more!!!!

the movies rnt bad but i think the ride sucked!!!!!!!its pretty old it is time for change!!!plus the simpsons rule come on tell me u didnt go see the movie??

2 gigs of ram
sek3o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Golden Master

I haven't seen the simpsons movie yet. I'll download it when it comes time though.

I actually took a good look around me this time around when I went there this year to Universal Studios. There are about 4-5 "cars" lined up in a row side by side with these actuators on the bottom of each one which creates the motion. Then there's this HUGE giant screen in front us, kind of like going to the movie theaters.

I was partly enjoying the action while I was looking around at the same time. I don't know why. I saw the other people in the other cars and by doing that, it sort of ruined the experience for me. So I leaned back into the seat and looked straight ahead
Old 09-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #4
Golden Master

Back to the Future - The Ride needed a major overhaul. The simulators were literally putting tons of pressure on the foundation every day. Florida's version is said to have moved the foundation 3-4 inches off it's original base. It was well needed for an refurbishment. Now, imagine this to get the real feel of what this structure was put through. There are about 4 people per simulator, 200 people per show. Now, the casting used to create the DeLorean and the ride vehicle could weigh in total around a ton, not including the weight of the hydraulics. When you add the hydraulics and all, you have 3-4 tons per ride vehicle. Now, times that by 12. Then keep in mind this structure has three levels, so each level has that amount of weight bearing down on the supports below. To add insult to injury, imagine those simulators moving putting all that weight pressure on different parts of the building at the exact same time.

Plus, the story takes place in the year 2015, so you knew it couldn't last beyond that date.

Funny thing about the ride... I hate promoting my site, but the front page speaks for itself.

http://insideuniversal.net/Home.php

Some photos of the ride if some of you are interested.
http://insideuniversal.net/InsideUni...php?page_id=87

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

I've never been to America, but thats a shame.
I also love the Back To The Future movies, and it'll be sad to see a thing like this go.

I didn't know anything about the rides problems though.

About 13 years ago, we almost won a competition to stay at the main resort and go on the ride
Old 09-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

Now it's time to buy a real DeLorean. They are putting them back into production.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

I believe they cost 10,000. I remember looking a while back