Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
Daemon Poster
 
Hackslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 819
Default award

there is some kind of award that If you die or do something really stupid its called a darwin award well listen to this :Maybe I used too much paper."

(7 January 2004, Croatia) Eastern Europe is known for its harsh winters, and Zlatko, 52, had seen his fair share of them in his town near Zagreb. But when temperatures dropped low enough to play havoc with outdoor machinery, Zlatko was exasperated to find that his Opel Kadett had fallen victim to the cold, repeatedly refusing to start.

The engine must be frozen, he decided. He remembered times he himself had been freezing in those icy Croatian winters. There was nothing better than warming up before a toasty roaring fire. Yes! That was clearly the solution to his problem. A roaring fire would warm up the Opel's engine.


Zlatko fetched some old newspapers, stuffed them under the engine, and lit them. While waiting for the engine to warm up, he wandered off -- a fortunate occurance, because his beloved car exploded in a fireball. The heartbroken man told reporters, "I couldn't start the engine and realized it was frozen. Now my lovely car is destroyed."

Luckily, Zlatko has identified what went wrong.
"Maybe I used too much paper," he said.
__________________

__________________
life is a fight, rest is for the dead so fight til you've earned rest: I'm watching you you know who you are
Hackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:48 AM   #2
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: award

Yes, to much paper was the reason...
__________________

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:54 AM   #3
Daemon Poster
 
Hackslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 819
Default Re: award

here"s another : (30 November 2004, Washington) Twenty-four year old Philip was found dead in the bedroom of his trailer home, with burnt remains of a Lava Lamp strewn over his kitchen. Puzzled investigators eventually pieced together a likely scenario for Philip's last moments.

Lava lamps are a mesmerizing distraction. Philip couldn't wait to fire up his new Lava Lamp. He plugged it in and waited for the pretty globs to begin their surreal dance. But after several frustrating minutes, nothing happened. Then a bright idea hit him: "Why not accelerate this painfully slow process?" He took the lamp to the kitchen, placed it on the stove, and turned up the heat.

In short order, the wax melted and began its sinuous dance. But the liquid was designed to be warmed by a 40-watt bulb. It was over-heated. Entranced by the display, Philip forgot that "heat expands". Whereas there was no room for expansion in the glass bottle, the Lava Lamp resorted to a violent explosion to relieve the pressure.*

One thick shard of glass blew straight through Philips's chest and into his heart. Philip stumbled into his bedroom, perhaps uttering "Aeternum vale!" (latin: farewell forever) as he collapsed and died.

Police found no evidence of alcohol or drug use, so it is safely presumed that Philip was in full possession of his senses when he went out with a bang.

* Why the instructions warn NEVER to place the lamp directly on a heat source, such as a stove.
__________________
life is a fight, rest is for the dead so fight til you've earned rest: I'm watching you you know who you are
Hackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:23 AM   #4
BSOD
 
JustinMcG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,519
Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: award

Wow...I deem Phillip mentally challenged, either that or extremly excited over a lava lamp.
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:30 AM   #5
Daemon Poster
 
Hackslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 819
Default Re: award

last one for the night : (29 April 2004, Brushy Fork, West Virginia) Alfred, 63, had trouble with termites at home. He had heard that natural gas was dangerous, and figured it would be a good, low-cost way to fumigate his house. So he shut the doors and windows, turned on the gas, and spent the night in a nearby camper trailer with his wife. The next morning he stepped out of the trailer, took a breath of the crisp, cool air, and strode over to his house.

When he opened the door, the slight spark from the latch ignited the cloud of natural gas that had accumulated in his home. The force of the explosion blew him off the porch and into a nearby creek, knocked out the town's telephones and electricity, and blew the doors off a church. It rattled windows and nerves six miles away.

Alfred was evacuated by helicopter with severe burns to the burn unit at the Cabell-Huntington Hospital. His house was uninsured. It is presumed that the fumigation was effective.
__________________
life is a fight, rest is for the dead so fight til you've earned rest: I'm watching you you know who you are
Hackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:03 AM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: award

Hey at least he got rid of the termites. It wasn't extactly LOW COST. But it did take care of the problem.
__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #7
Golden Master
 
G35x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,474
Default Re: award

Ahaha some people make me wonder...
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #8
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: award

Some people really are stupid, the lava lamp one is the funniest story though!
__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #9
Golden Master
 
joxley1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,846
Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990
Default Re: award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslayer
here"s another : (30 November 2004, Washington) Twenty-four year old Philip was found dead in the bedroom of his trailer home, with burnt remains of a Lava Lamp strewn over his kitchen. Puzzled investigators eventually pieced together a likely scenario for Philip's last moments.

Lava lamps are a mesmerizing distraction. Philip couldn't wait to fire up his new Lava Lamp. He plugged it in and waited for the pretty globs to begin their surreal dance. But after several frustrating minutes, nothing happened. Then a bright idea hit him: "Why not accelerate this painfully slow process?" He took the lamp to the kitchen, placed it on the stove, and turned up the heat.

In short order, the wax melted and began its sinuous dance. But the liquid was designed to be warmed by a 40-watt bulb. It was over-heated. Entranced by the display, Philip forgot that "heat expands". Whereas there was no room for expansion in the glass bottle, the Lava Lamp resorted to a violent explosion to relieve the pressure.*

One thick shard of glass blew straight through Philips's chest and into his heart. Philip stumbled into his bedroom, perhaps uttering "Aeternum vale!" (latin: farewell forever) as he collapsed and died.

Police found no evidence of alcohol or drug use, so it is safely presumed that Philip was in full possession of his senses when he went out with a bang.

* Why the instructions warn NEVER to place the lamp directly on a heat source, such as a stove.

Jesus! Thats shocking. What a way to die hey.
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #10
Golden Master
 
joxley1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,846
Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990
Default Re: award

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon
Some people really are stupid, the lava lamp one is the funniest story though!

I dont quite this it is funny David..i aint having a go, but I have different views.

One of my mates died getting a football from a roof. 16 he was. And he wasnt evan playing football, he didnt evan like it, but he was a good climber. So he got it. Slipped, and died.
__________________

joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0